Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 01:14 AM

3,786 posts, read 5,329,611 times

Advertisements

Murky's people are making a big deal about the Rasmussen poll but deceptively fail to point out the BIG FLAW with that poll: it had her name on in. The election ballot does NOT have her name.

Don't waste your vote on Murky, it will throw the election to that flag-waver Miller. Between to vote for McAdams, who comes across as someone outside this Miller-Murky row.

No one does well with these write-in campaigns. Face it, Lisa lost. Time for Scott.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 01:22 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
I believe the opposite... there are many Republicans who think Joe is too far right. However, they consider themselves Republicans and would rather vote for a person on the far right than a person on the left who will continue the Obama Administration's current path. Miller will end up winning because of this... you will get moderate Republicans voting for Lisa and the Democrats will be split between Lisa and Scott. I'm willing to bet $1,000 Lisa will receive more votes than Scott... seriously I'm willing lol.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:01 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,653,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I believe the opposite... there are many Republicans who think Joe is too far right. However, they consider themselves Republicans and would rather vote for a person on the far right than a person on the left who will continue the Obama Administration's current path. Miller will end up winning because of this... you will get moderate Republicans voting for Lisa and the Democrats will be split between Lisa and Scott. I'm willing to bet $1,000 Lisa will receive more votes than Scott... seriously I'm willing lol.
Unfortunately I suspect that is exactly correct. Miller will get elected, and Alaska will be the laughing stock of US Senate discussion for the next 6 years. At that point it will work out similar to Frank Murkowski's term as Governor: any idiot will be able to beat him in the primary, and it probably will be an idiot! It might be 12 years before we can have a decent Junior Senator.

And so we are going to lose several years of seniority when Lisa Murkowski exits the Senate, and it will be 20 years before we can gain that kind of effectiveness back. Whether you are a Democrat or a Republican, that is a disaster for Alaska.

All thanks to folks voting for Joe Miller in a primary that nobody was paying attention to.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:28 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
The lesson here is that we must take these brown shirted fascists seriously. Lisa did not and she may pay a huge price...........along with Alaska.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:59 AM

1,923 posts, read 4,715,922 times
ugh!

Frankly, Miller scares me. I don't think Alaska is ready for that kind of extremism.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:08 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,854 times
I am hoping people who voted for Miller will re-think their vote. He scares me, too.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:39 PM

191 posts, read 360,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
Unfortunately I suspect that is exactly correct. Miller will get elected, and Alaska will be the laughing stock of US Senate discussion for the next 6 years. At that point it will work out similar to Frank Murkowski's term as Governor: any idiot will be able to beat him in the primary, and it probably will be an idiot! It might be 12 years before we can have a decent Junior Senator.

And so we are going to lose several years of seniority when Lisa Murkowski exits the Senate, and it will be 20 years before we can gain that kind of effectiveness back. Whether you are a Democrat or a Republican, that is a disaster for Alaska.

All thanks to folks voting for Joe Miller in a primary that nobody was paying attention to.
I still think Miller is most likely to win, but I'm no longer willing to bet a large amount of money on it. He's really bleeding independents now. I don't see Miller getting out of the mid 30s now (the hard core Conservatives), and it will just come down to how the rest plays out. I know a number of people including myself, who have jumped ship on Miller. We probably won't know until late November at the earliest.

You also can't just blame the folks who voted for Miller in the primary. You have to fault Lisa for not taking it seriously, and not doing basic oppo research. This whole state is an overgrown small town, and I can't imagine it took that much work to go sniffing around Fairbanks and find this stuff.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:19 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Murky's people are making a big deal about the Rasmussen poll but deceptively fail to point out the BIG FLAW with that poll: it had her name on in. The election ballot does NOT have her name.

Don't waste your vote on Murky, it will throw the election to that flag-waver Miller. Between to vote for McAdams, who comes across as someone outside this Miller-Murky row.

No one does well with these write-in campaigns. Face it, Lisa lost. Time for Scott.
Sorry, your Jedi mind tricks won't work around here. Nice try though.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:30 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post

An interesting poll just came out showing a dead tie among likely voters, and Lisa up by 2 among registered voters:

Quote:
If the election for U.S. Senate were held today and the candidates were Scott McAdams, the Democrat and Joe Miller, the Republican, who would you be more likely to vote for or would you write in the name of Lisa Murkowski, who is also running?

Likely Voters
McAdams 23%
Miller 37%
Murkowski 37%

Registered Voters
McAdams 22%
Miller 36%
Murkowski 38%
Also interesting, and more informative:

Quote:
2. (IF VOTING FOR MURKOWSKI) How confident are you that you know the correct procedure for writing in Murkowski’s name so your write-in vote will be officially counted when election officials examine the ballots? Are you very confident, somewhat confident, not too confident or not confident at all that you know how to do that?

Likely Voters Who Plan To Vote for Murkowski
Very Confident 93%
Somewhat Confident 6%
Not too Confident *
Not confident At all *
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im.../topstate7.pdf

So, Alaskan voters are not a stupid as you (and Joe) would like us to believe. Those who will vote for Lisa have taken the time to figure out exactly what is necessary.

The numbers have been trending against whacko Joe ever since Lisa entered the race. And with Joe in full meltdown mode, commiting at least one Joe Biden scale gaffe every day now, it's likley he will continue to sink all the way up to election day.

Last edited by Moose Whisperer; 10-20-2010 at 07:00 PM..

Old 10-21-2010, 01:51 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,854 times
I keep on expecting Joe to come out and say he's not a witch....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska