Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 06:10 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,570,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Tourism...well...we do get quite a bit of it here. I'm not sure whether Palin's show will increase it any more than the other tv shows about it.
It will, there is a lot of good places for people to see and Rust's Flying service will get lots of calls from people wanting to go to that one stream and see the bears. Same wth K2, they will get calls for flights to the Mountain.

I just wish it was about Alaska more and missing the Politics of it. Palins can do a good job of going around and seeing Alaska, but ditch the petty stuff.

The kids don't fish, it was clear they didn't know how to cast or reel in the line to get a hit. Todd clearly did, but that seemed to be about it.

Last edited by starlite9; 11-16-2010 at 06:31 PM..

Old 11-16-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
So everyone in Alaska is NOT a huge Sarah Palin fan?
It is a really gorgeous place. I would like to visit - but don't give Sarah and her brood any credit.
Yep, the Palin threads here for the Anti-Palin crowd are like a bug zapper for the moths, they just can't stay away from the light!

Pretty entertaining....

Old 11-16-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammasCabin View Post
Didn't watch it. Won't watch it. She's a disgusting piece of trailer trash, Granny's right, this is not HER Alaska. She cares so much for Alaska she friggin quit, more money to be had from the -48 sheeple. What an embarrassment she is.
She quit because one gal in Anchorage kept filing ethics complaints against her that were all proven false, and done so for the price of a postage stamp, she was Bankrupting the Palins. Had the gal did that to the State Legislators and gone to the press as she did, the case would be instantly dropped, the Governors office was exempt from that law. They weren't allowed to raise money for a defense fund because of the State Law, so she resigned and sold her book and made millions.

That law has since been changed since she left office, you file an ethics complaint against the Governor now, and run to the press, it is automatically dropped whether it has merit or not. They are suppose to be investigated privately and the results made public after a up or down vote if it was warranted.

But the real story of why she quit isn't very interesting, so people go with the "She is just a Quitter" and leave it at that, facts have very little meaning.

Funny though that before she ran for VP, she was the highest rated Governor around, something like in the sixty+ percent range!

Old 11-16-2010, 06:57 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,885,875 times
That's kind of wimpy, to quit because someone was "makin' stuff up". What kind of a person rolls over like that? If I was innocent I'd go to the grave to prove it.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:59 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,248,735 times
I watched the show, and liked the scenery. Also I think, with the ratings its getting, will bring in some more tourism. Personally I can't stand her, with her policies she screwed up this state, and I just can't stand it's voice.
I will watch the show again.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
That's kind of wimpy, to quit because someone was "makin' stuff up". What kind of a person rolls over like that? If I was innocent I'd go to the grave to prove it.

Well if most of us were at the point of having our home repo'd, assets seized or other such issues, I bet most of us here would look at other options as well. You can only stand on a sinking ship so long and either go down with it or get on the life raft.

She choose the life raft and is now pretty financially sound. Seems most here think she should have sank though... myself, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:05 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Bristol and Willow on Facebook going back and forth with some other kids about their moms show -- and other stuff that's only relevant to kids. Nothings private on the internet. You want privacy? There's always Dear Diary.

Willow Palin Facebook Posts: Homophobic Slurs, Curse Words & More (PHOTOS)

Old 11-16-2010, 08:39 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
A lot of people also eat McDonalds crap. That doesn't make it cuisine or good food.

We The Sheeple willingly line up at the stupid trough is all those ratings prove.
We all are "The Sheeple" you are talking about. It all depends on which side of the issue, including food, one is. For example, you may not like Palin, but another may not. One may like a Big Mac, while another may like a piece of tofu. The bottom line is that every one of us is a "sheep" to one thing or another.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:41 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
So everyone in Alaska is NOT a huge Sarah Palin fan?
It is a really gorgeous place. I would like to visit - but don't give Sarah and her brood any credit.
the answer to your question:
No. Just the people in this forum. If you go to the Alaska trapping, hunting, shooting, and a few other forums, those who like Palin outnumber the rest.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:43 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I got the impression she was just passionate about her Blackberry.
I seriously suspect that Sarah is believing her own PR, all the hype has gone to her head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska