Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 03:05 PM

123 posts, read 201,916 times

Advertisements

i dont know why Stiff didnt do better...I think he is wonderful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 03:36 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,885,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaber2Alaska View Post
i dont know why Stiff didnt do better...I think he is wonderful!

Wow, for the low low price of 50 cents he is yours and Wait! You also get a ginsu knife! Just kidding, he is not mine to sell.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:47 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
You're looking for ways to ask people to "contribute to your Alaska moving fund" and trying to find "tactful ways" to ask for free money and ways to provide "subtle hints".

Are you HEARING yourself????

Grow up - be honest with people - don't expect free stuff (either gifts or money) - and be freakin' grateful for whatever people chose to give you out of the goodness of their hearts.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:15 PM

I've always wondered about why it is rude to specify what you want as a gift if you know you are receiving one. People ask what you want alot of the time, so why is it considered rude to say what would help you? Each and every person who is kind enough to care what you want, who was already planning to give you something, will know that they have helped you achieve a dream, but it is always a touchy subject.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:25 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,738,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I've always wondered about why it is rude to specify what you want as a gift if you know you are receiving one. People ask what you want alot of the time, so why is it considered rude to say what would help you? Each and every person who is kind enough to care what you want, who was already planning to give you something, will know that they have helped you achieve a dream, but it is always a touchy subject.
times have changed big time and it is no longer considered rude to request money....people never had a problem doing a "register" in certain store to receive the exact gifts they want for bridal showers, weddings, baby showers, etc....so what is wrong with asking for money if you do not need any more dust collectors or things you don't need.....our circle of friends give such things as money certificates for groceries, restaurants, pampering spa's and such things that are needed and wanted instead of "things"....I would much rather give the cash or gift card than waste money on something that will be re-gifted or stashed in a closet/thrown out what ever.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:53 PM

Im not so much looking for a subtle way to ask for money. I am looking for a better way to make it feel more like a gift. Not "your giving me a gift so please money" but like here is a web address where you can make a contribution to our moving fund. Plus saving the money for the trip would be a lot easier if it were going directly to one place instead of a card here and a card there with a few bucks in it...you know what im trying to say?

Old 11-23-2010, 07:58 PM

Yes, that would be nice if you could find a site like that. There probably is something like that, there are so many things offered online now.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:02 PM

I just cant find one! I just dont know what to seach for, everything I have tried as come up empty but Im sure there has to be something, like you said there are so many things out there

Old 11-23-2010, 08:24 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaber2Alaska View Post
Im not so much looking for a subtle way to ask for money. I am looking for a better way to make it feel more like a gift. Not "your giving me a gift so please money" but like here is a web address where you can make a contribution to our moving fund. Plus saving the money for the trip would be a lot easier if it were going directly to one place instead of a card here and a card there with a few bucks in it...you know what im trying to say?
Why don't you set up your own blog and do it yourself. A moving to Alaska blog of sorts where family and friends can donate/gift money.

Blue and others here have some really nice blogs. I'm sure they can give you some pointers.

It isn't all that difficult and you'll probably spend less time doing that than searching for some website that does it for you.

Much more personal as well.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:21 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,738,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Why don't you set up your own blog and do it yourself. A moving to Alaska blog of sorts where family and friends can donate/gift money.

Blue and others here have some really nice blogs. I'm sure they can give you some pointers.

It isn't all that difficult and you'll probably spend less time doing that than searching for some website that does it for you.

Much more personal as well.
ahhhhh...thanks for reminding me to update mine....Juneaubound is sooo good about doing hers...seriously if you'd like DM me an I give ya the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: