Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 06:31 PM

4 posts, read 26,877 times

Advertisements

Hi; i m spanish and i live in Spain and i am planing to go and get a job there. I ha ve a university degree in foreing languages. I don t like big citties i prefer to work in the country side, I want to Know if is easy to work there. If the live is expensive , what is the best place to work. thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 01:41 PM

14 posts, read 75,060 times
All of that would depend on where you decide that you want to live and teach. There are tons of small native towns, but the demand of a Spanish teacher there might not be large.

There are also smaller towns that are not huge, but are bigger than the native towns. Small town life, and near the county side.

I currently live in the country, but the town is just 10 minutes away.

I think the price of things would be difficult to discribe to you. A gallon of milk costs about $3.00 to $4.00-depending on sales and the store.

Good luck!

Old 05-08-2007, 05:29 PM

thank you in advance, i think that the information that you give me its perfect, is possible to work for the goverment?, do you think that there is easy to work there? i am very far from there i have a lot of question.... thank again

Old 05-08-2007, 05:58 PM

I suggest that you find out about a town that you like. Then you can contact the school district. They will know better than anyone on here if they will hire you, and what you may need in terms of more schooling or special certificates.

I wouldn't know if it's easy to work here, I don't work! And yes, you can work for the government if you are qualified to do so.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:05 AM

ok that good,

how is the live there? where you live? could you tell me which is the best place 4 you there?

I don t know if i make a lot of question, thank s in advance,

Old 05-11-2007, 09:21 AM

Personally, I live outside of Palmer. It's sorta a small town, and I love it out here. It's about 45 minute drive into Anchorage (the BIG town), which isn't bad if we need things that aren't available out here. Which isn't much, so we don't go to "town' that often.

I have also lived in Anchorage and Delta Junction. Anchorage was too big for me and Delta was too small! lol

Old 05-12-2007, 07:28 PM

4 posts, read 50,533 times
If you like small towns and quite places i think there are nice places around the valley(Matsu Region) . I work in Anchorage and live in Palmer , i like it because it is quite , the area i live is safe and great for kids . www.state.ak.us/ is the website of the state there you can found info about jobs openinigs in different areas . Also the housing is more affordable in Palmer area than in Anchorage . You can check too with the University of Anchorage (UAA). www.uaa.alaska.edu/ for jobs openings .

Good luck

Old 05-13-2007, 06:19 AM
d99

4 posts, read 24,101 times
I lived in Spain until a few years ago and now I live in Italy.

I am suprised that someone from your wonderful nation would want to change lifestyles so much by living in Alaska.

I lived in Andalucia in Spain, and of course I lived in Alaska before I joined the military, and will again when I retire.

I think you will find it's a wonderful place, but things are going to be different.

Send me a PM and I will try and help with all your questions.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:16 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,836 times
Many years ago we had a Spanish teacher in our school from Mexico. I tried to learn Spanish, but I am still very poor at it. (mi espanol es muey malo!)
He would have had to go here, to be hired to teach:
http://www.kpbsd.k12.ak.us/

Bud

Old 05-20-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Thank s Guys

Hey mates... thanks for your help in advance. the pages that you gave me are so good, I live in MAlaga The live here was wonderfull 270 days of sun the minimun temperature it is about 5 o 6 ºC only if is a cold winter, but now... there is a lot of tourist and bad people arround here thy have cut all the trees and **** everithing... i m 28 i have my house paid i want to live in other places if i get older i won t do that. i am searching a place to live in US for a couple of years an I dont like big citties... maybe alaska it ´s a good place. THaNKS FOR YOUR HELP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska