Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 08:24 AM

772 posts, read 913,286 times

Advertisements

What about "Deadliest Catch" is that show pretty realistic ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 08:44 AM

35 posts, read 57,282 times
Default Ugh! Alaska Bush People

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Nobody is going to stop the Browns!

Morons I tell you, morons.
Aren't they in trouble with the state of Alaska for fraud? If that is the
case then the law is going to stop the Browns! Lol

Old 12-30-2014, 10:15 AM

2,795 posts, read 5,612,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingoutofTN View Post
Aren't they in trouble with the state of Alaska for fraud? If that is the
case then the law is going to stop the Browns! Lol
They fraudulently revived the PFD.
Stars of "Alaskan Bush People" charged with theft, PFD fraud | Alaska Dispatch

Old 12-30-2014, 10:20 AM

2,795 posts, read 5,612,445 times
Just for reference, here's the Courtview page for one of the kids and their charges:
http://www.courtrecords.alaska.gov/e...OEG-mykZane-4g

Old 12-30-2014, 10:31 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 191185 View Post
What about "Deadliest Catch" is that show pretty realistic ?
No.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:52 AM

18 posts, read 26,456 times
The Brown family reminds me of Dog the Bounty Hunter…

Old 12-30-2014, 10:35 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad28 View Post
The Brown family reminds me of Dog the Bounty Hunter…
Cousins.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:03 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,604,433 times
I like the Alaskan shows but kind of amazing at all the equipment/buildings in remote places, how they get gasoline and all the other things we take for granted.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:50 PM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Ya think?
Its TV.

Last edited by RcHydro; 01-02-2015 at 06:00 PM..

Old 01-03-2015, 12:54 AM

77 posts, read 104,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAnc View Post
If that's the case, how about Alaska at least subsidize 'reality' shows depicting respectable people running successful small businesses, and enjoying Alaska's natural beauty and unique culture, without acting like degenerate rednecks on Spring Break, trashing everything in sight?

I'm afraid the shows out there are going to keep attracting little more than clueless twentysomethings who think Alaska is all about living in perpetual vacation mode, getting drunk all day and spending daddy's money.

I am a twenty something from houston that has a huge infatuation with alaska. Particularly the kenai pen. But my idea of alaska, even though I'm from the fourth largest city in the country, is not getting drunk and party mode. I do completely understand where you're coming from, but I also want you to know that the shows also attract people who are actually looking for a different speed of life who otherwise had never thought of alaska other than in geography class. My depiction of alaska, is personable relationships with others in town. Having the freedom to take a snow machine on trails any day I'm off work and weather permitted. Relaxing by a wood burning stove on a cold night after cutting a few cords of wood. I picture A lot of hard work. A lot of natural and outdoorsy fun, and a lot of beautiful scenery and less concentration on what car you drive or clothing brand you wear and more focus on the person themself.

I completely agree those who think it's a mad house to act like a wild child with no rules and alcohol every day, have no business anywhere, alaska included. But I really want to enjoy alaska for all the amenities the nature brings. Except fishing. That's one thing alaska is huge on that I just don't care too much about. Hunting in my free time? Check. Snow machining? Check. Hard work that's more personally beneficial than financial beneficial. Down to earth people. Smaller town where most people know and help each other. Share stories. Share experiences. Share knowledge.

The main thing I'm worried about, is not having the right attitude or work ethic to fit in, but more being misunderstood being from a big city that people in the small town might not accept right away. But I promise, I am looking for better people to surround myself with, looking for white on the ground, looking for a more simple life than social media and selfies. Don't care what job I have to take, as long as it allows me the ability to get out and enjoy the outdoors the way I want to in alaska. The main two things for me though, snowboarding at alyeska. And playing golf till midnight in the summers. I can't wait for my stay-cation coming up in March. It's a tester visit for a few weeks to see how much I like once I get there, but I base a lot more of my opinions off threads I read from here from native Alaskans. Articles I read from alaska news boards. Stories on other threads. And other first hand experiences rather than the tv shows. I just like the shows to constantly get a view of the beautiful nature out there and dream about what I will do with it once I make it out there. And once I do, I might be another one of those people to come for a visit and never leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska