Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 12:25 AM

471 posts, read 1,062,155 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of threads being started about moving to Bethel, living in bethel, visiting Bethel... annnd there are now like 3 or so of us that live in Bethel.. and I, personally, would like a way for us to be in touch with whats going on in town from the other peeps here.

We currently have a group for all Bethel Residents and Frequents... Please join up and post pictures: //www.city-data.com/forum/group...-visitors.html

For instance I am curious what types of fun things are there to do, I was going to take part in the acting team (or whatever you want to call it) and do some plays... but I am a bit old for them.

Last edited by Rance; 11-13-2009 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: Added the "l"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 12:38 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,116,924 times
I wonder if the others have made it here?

Look into Bethel Actor's Guild (BAG). They put on a few plays a year.

You have the Art Guild of the Kuskokwim Delta, art's and crafts. They have a photography show every summer, I won for the second time this year with a shot of one of Ptarmigan Air's Beaver landing at the lake. I tied with a gal two summers ago.

Basketball is just around the corner. This is a big thing for any bush town/village. Stop on in the "Warrior Dome" when the season starts. I'm usually stuck at the radio station running master control for the announcers at the game or dialing up one of the other schools, we have one home game live and we call the other radio stations for their home games.

K300 is currently looking for an artist to make the 2010 trophies for all three of their races.

The Saturday Markets should be coming back soon. The VFW has "Bazaars" where people sell their things.

For the past few years there was talk of a Movie theater being build by Bethel Community Services, but of course they say it's all about the money, which they don't have. This would've helped out on things to do here for the people.

I'll believe it when I see it, we're paying a extra percent on the sales tax for the recreation building for a pool and weight room.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:44 AM

I have a feeling that we will be having more soon, but unfortunately after they come they will probably stop coming to the forum.

I really want to work at the station, working at a radio station is my dream job (well being on air is... but just working at one would be amazing). I hear my friend Roger has a late show on the station

Old 11-01-2009, 12:47 AM

We're not hiring anyone now. It's been pretty much the same staff for the past year or two. Today was my first day back from my week and a couple days off. I loaded a bunch of songs today and more tomorrow, should be a fun afternoon tomorrow.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:51 AM

:P I will just sneak in and sweep your floors when your not looking I did see some work on the tower, I was wondering what was going on

Old 11-01-2009, 12:51 AM

The college might be having their second semester of "Winter Biking" starting in January. This is a credited class where you go out on winter bike rides with "Fat Bikes." You might look into that. The college and the Cooperative Extension Service have classes and fun things to do, give them a call.

fatbike alaska

Old 11-01-2009, 12:52 AM

Oh, I'm the giant on the Giant with the orange raincoat you see biking around town...lol.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:57 AM

lol make sure you waive at the Alaska Airlines box trucks, I frequently am going around downtown for deliveries and such.

I am actually thinking about converting a car to an electric vehicle. if thats the case, I will be the guy with the electric car! :P

Actually if you know, or know how I could find someone who wants to get rid of a car with a blown engine please tell me. I figure that SOMEONE around bethel would like someone to just get their car out of their driveway because they can't afford to ship in a new engine .... honestly all I need is a working car (I don't want to replace shocks or anything) just with no engine or a bad engine. I will pay them to take it if I have to

Last edited by teamcoltra; 11-01-2009 at 01:07 AM..

Old 11-01-2009, 01:05 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,018,605 times
Bethel Actor's Guild

BAG

What is with these organizations when choosing a business name? Don't they bother to check what their acronym will look like? Kind of like here in Anchorage.

Alaska Sales & Service

Old 11-01-2009, 01:09 AM

The Wisconsin Tourism Federation finally changed their name WTF? Wisconsin Tourism Federation changes name after internet jokes - Telegraph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska