Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 03:58 PM

1,931 posts, read 2,168,614 times

Advertisements

I saw Pitt's Pitt today by the post office. I thought about him and his beer and pizza.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:00 PM

876 posts, read 812,623 times
What effect does having 109 men for every 100 women on society? I would imagine that it would increase the demand for prostitutes, strippers and masseuses.

How prevalent is stimulant and opiod use?

Just asking the important questions, how are the drugs and hookers?

Old 07-21-2016, 04:37 PM

2,383 posts, read 3,100,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I do too. This new asshat doesn't measure up at all.
I know. Not even funny. Boo, hiss! Is there a City-Data exchange program?

Old 07-21-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1eutian View Post
What effect does having 109 men for every 100 women on society? I would imagine that it would increase the demand for prostitutes, strippers and masseuses.

How prevalent is stimulant and opiod use?

Just asking the important questions, how are the drugs and hookers?
That would be a question best directed to our dearly departed buddy, Pitts. Upon examination from afar, they seem to be much like anywhere else. That is, deadly and haggard, respectively.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:44 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
So you signed up on an Alaskan based forum to trash Alaska?

Have you even bothered to READ anything in this forum? Obviously not. So, why not contribute in HELPFUL, accurate information instead of just standing there stomping your feet like a child throwing a temper tantrum. Either that or move on back to the other forums you troll.
I have no intention of moving to Alaska, I just happened to see this and it caught my attention. City Data needs people to present the positive and negative sides to places. There are too many people who look at their state with rose colored glasses and depict it that way to people who are looking at moving there. It's best to get both sides of the story so people can make a more EDUCATED decision.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:56 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I see similar issues in Florida. People move down here thinking they will be living in a paradise. Then they discover that unless they are rich they will have to have two jobs or many roommates to make ends meet with our skyrocketing rents and home prices. That will leave little time to enjoy what they came down here for: the beaches, fishing, boating, etc.
Add Montana to the list. People find out the wages suck, the cost of living is high, and they can't afford to ski, flyfish, and hunt. They also find that people don't do these things nonstop since they actually do have jobs. And they find that their problems seem to have a way of following them.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:02 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
I have no intention of moving to Alaska, I just happened to see this and it caught my attention. City Data needs people to present the positive and negative sides to places. There are too many people who look at their state with rose colored glasses and depict it that way to people who are looking at moving there. It's best to get both sides of the story so people can make a more EDUCATED decision.
We don't really do that here on the Alaska forum. Even those who absolutely love it here are realistic enough not to encourage foolish relocation decisions.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:40 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
I think the problem is most people on city-data are too bias. They either say everything is absolutely wonderful or they say it's the absolute worst run away. The truth is no place is perfect and no place is all bad.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:56 AM

1,931 posts, read 2,168,614 times
Quote:
I don't think any of us regulars here present our state with rose colored glasses.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haolejohn View Post
I don't think any of us regulars here present our state with rose colored glasses.
Definitely, 100% for-surezies, none of us do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska