Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 02:56 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,150,019 times

Advertisements

Before I post anyone's pictures online on the site I'm a moderator for, I ask if it is alright to post photos them. If they don't want to, I simply delete the picture or keep it in my hard drive. You can get sued by someone in this sue happy days we have now for the smallest thing.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:42 AM

Location: Currently living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska
144 posts, read 719,729 times
Default What do you eat for breakfast .. .. .. ??

Post presumptions ??

I am not a moderator for this web site.. befoer I did post these images I asked the moderator if I could make this photo essay and I included much text.

This has been posted on over 50 web forums all over the entire internet for years.

this is nothing new but the plight of these villages is at stake, this culture must not perish

when the world understands and sees what these people go through, then these laws just might be relaxed so that these people can eat and hunt in the traditonal manner.

the only one complaing about my images are you !!

the people of Pont Hope have been aware of what I am doing for 30 years. (amost) they don't complain.

I do not exagerate and I beg to be shown differently. and I have no problem admitting ever when I am wrong

One person who shall remain namelss stole two of my photos and had my name and copyright cut off he then published phone calling cards. I had to chase this peson legally for six years and I was awarded 15,000 dollars which was all spent on one person in that village that needed help..
Mod Cut...watch your language!

Last edited by Rance; 03-18-2008 at 03:03 AM..

Old 03-17-2008, 04:59 AM

639 posts, read 1,917,582 times
"The Beaureau of Indian Affairs the IRA all of the whaling captains and the model relases I have signed by people.. well of course I have pemisson dude. I do not do anything wrong against these people.."

I think I am going to give someone a call on this since my husbands Aunt works in the legal department of the BIA. As touchy as I know they are about their culture I find it very hard to belive that they gave you permission to post not only pictures but first and last names of the people on various web sites. Now I can't say they didn't it is just not of the norm for them to do this.

"One person who shall remain namelss stole two of my photos and had my name and copyright cut off he then published phone calling cards. I had to chase this peson legally for six years and I was awarded 15,000 dollars which was all spent on one person in that village that needed help..
Now what is your facking problem??"

Well,well,well from what I have read you did the EXACT same thing on a different forum where you were either banned or people found you out and were pretty ticked. From what I gather at the one photo forum you told people that you owned a store and sold photos etc. there and when a couple found themselves at the store the person that said they were the owner was pretty upset to find out that someone else was laying claim to owning his store.

I also know someone that visits various villages and I think I am going to ask her about you and see if she knows you. After all if your giving all this money to the people of the area you should be well known and well respected. I mean with your sons making, what was it you said in your email $3k a day or $9k a week you are probably doing lots of giving. I mean you claim they are making so much the police are suspecious of what is going on as well.

Ah the ulgy head of David is now starting to show,this is also something I have read about on other sites. It will be interesting to see how this goes.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:11 AM

Yes we DID have a store in Anchorage here is the photo

sorry I cant take this stress

TOPIC CLOSED

Old 03-17-2008, 05:18 AM

Mod Cut...no name calling!
go right ahead !!

the floor is all yours

The North Slope borough School District has linked to me for years

Teacher Resoures has lnked to me for years

University of Fairbanks is linked to me for years

The Mayor of the city of Barrow is having me make a huge web site for all the artists of all the villages and I am dong it for free

you see megans mom I am very well known yes we are. .just ask anyone

I am a jerk ! now go prove to all of us here how righteous and upstanding of a person you are.

Last edited by Rance; 03-18-2008 at 03:04 AM..

Old 03-17-2008, 05:19 AM

I am waiting eagerly for your next response.

just like the "barber" said.. ... ... ... "next" !

Last edited by Majik_Imaje; 03-17-2008 at 05:49 AM..

Old 03-17-2008, 06:12 AM

639 posts, read 1,917,582 times
Oh heck no it isn't done.
You just flat out said in that email that people of that place don't like you or your sons. Now why is that? If you are giving all this money away and you are doing so much for them WHY do they not like you? Please explain. You say they don't like you because your sons are making so much money selling ivory. That makes me think that you are doing something less than honest by these people.

Don't send me an email telling me to back off or else. Is that a threat?

Do these people have any idea what your doing? You are exploting them.

Do people know you are giving out their phone numbers?

Please tell me how this statement makes any sense at all.

"the # 1 complaint is that these boys "make too much money" !~~

we wake up broke every morning, we go to bed borke every night but during the day we make and give 100's or 1000's away"

Oh and as far as contacting the postmaster what does she have to do with you? I am not going to stoop to calling people and harrassing them like YOU did on other forums.

You claim here that you make nothing from these people or taking pictures of them. Yet elsewhere on the web you claim that you are retired and you are making more and more money each year using your photos. And 98% of the photos you have posted here have people in them,thus you ARE using these people to try and better yourself.

Oh and as for your "store" don't you think you need to post the other picture of it as well?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/jcsilverhand/MI%20proof/Untitled-1.jpg (broken link)

This was just last year or did you forget?
As you say in your email I'm about to make a fool out of myself. That may very well be. But I do think I am more about to expose what the true you is all about. What Alaska doesn't need isn't people like me as you say in your email,what they don't need is people that come there and use the people of the areas trying to make a name for themselves.

Can you show where these sites link to you? I can't seem to find it.

Are you also Inupiaq? Because you refer to everything as "we" if you are Inupiaq why are you disliked so.

Last edited by megensmom; 03-17-2008 at 06:29 AM..

Old 03-17-2008, 06:32 AM

Default WoWoW

my my my.. what has you so hopped up girl ??

I gave you My phone number. Elizabeth Oviok is my fiance and she can vouch for any thing I have said. she lives here a 55 year old native woman who has known me for decades.

Yes I have made two phone calls to the site that banned me to the persons wife. she was so nice and we talked twice and she evern posted that I had called and she said I was nice but sounded hurt.

The resason I got banned from that site is because of a person named Mike Jordan he flat out kept calling me a liar. when I asked him about what he said these pictures are not mine, that I stole them he accussed me of many dishonest things none of which I am guilty of I have done nothing wrong to deserve this constant abuse by you.

I am really finding it difficult to take this stress as I have survived too much form people just like you.

A person from ponit hope steals everything that we had worked so hard for we lost our land, our home, our truck our business and so much more. Yet I have to hug him and tell him I forgive him

this is what I teach and tell my sons.

Why would I want to post a photograph of another business ???

that cabin is divided into two seperate rental placess ??

that was in 2002 we only stayed open for one year. the people next door to the right are in court now for locking us out and stealing everything we owned.

I do not lie I do not misrepresent the truth as you are gong so far out of your way to prove me dishonest.

whew.. who lit a fire under you ?? are you one of Mike Jordans relatives ??

I have posted this all over 50 web forums only 3 people out of all of those threads

we get 20,000 hits a day 30,000 hits a day from over 80 countries

50 photoforums 1.000,000 people have viewed this....since January of this year !! but 3 people have put me down.

3 self rightoues individuals .. have bashed trashed and put me down.

you must be so proud of yourself

now reach into that excuse bowl very deep and pull out something else.

I will not lie or deceive or mislead or exagerate.

I have yet to find one person in that village that is capable of telling the truth.

I will not stoop to that level. no matter what I refuse to ever lie !!

its your serve !!..."cutez"

Old 03-17-2008, 06:45 AM

Default Because It Is None Of Your Business.. .. .. ..

. .. what we do, or why we do what we do !

I never said "or else" quit twisting the truth !

Old 03-17-2008, 06:59 AM

Default My sons.. .. .. ..

I am just so proud of my Inupiaq sons, they work so hard each and every day

We have had five ivory carving shops in the 5 years they have been out of school.

Can you belive that the school in Point Hope has had graduates, that have grauated school, and they can't even read !
I can name several.. but I am not here to embarass anyone. I love these people, and why do they hate us so much..?? THAT IS THEIR problem, not mine. we have never lied to anyone, or stolen from anyone, or ever hurt anyone ever.

BUT THE OPPOSITE is true against us.. I love these people with all of my heart.

This photograph: right here.

IS ONE of the photographs that was stolen from me for phone calling cards.

the person who stole it to have these cards made. is the person in that photograph !!!!

He lost in court.!

why ? ?because he signed a model release giving me all rights to this photograh THAT I CREATED !

i HAVE WORKED for this person on four occasons and on each occasion I have been cheated out of all my money !! THAT IS HIS PROBLEM not mine.

This is why I pulled my sons out of school. I had more to teach them in that amount of time each day, than that school could ever teach them.

my sons make the most beaufiful ivory & fossil bracelets.. we only sell local and I will not sell or advertise on this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska