Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 12:42 PM

437 posts, read 816,418 times

Advertisements

Yesterday I contacted a realtor about a property I liked. I asked 8 questions about the property. When he answered me he not only would not answer any of my questions but only wanted to know if I was going to meet the listed price on the property. I sent another message to him asking him again to please answer my simple 8 questions and he refused.

Obviously I am not going to be talking with him again. He needs a refresher course in customer service, or possibly take his first class.

Whatever...the dude is history.

So, can someone here recommend to me someone they've personally dealt with and liked?

Thank-you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 12:56 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,027,191 times
What area are you looking at?

Old 10-19-2011, 01:01 PM

2,795 posts, read 5,618,673 times
If you are looking at the MatSu Valley, I highly recommend Dody Kettler.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:06 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,231,478 times
What were the 8 questions? He could have been unprofessional but on the other hand he is also trying to weed out tire kickers or snoops which is why I wont do an open house. The realitor is trying to feel people out to make sure they have acutal money down and are serious about buying, then you can get to the questions about the property.

I am trying to sell a condo right now and its stressful enough trying to keep the house in model home condition. I dont want to put all that work into it and tie up the realitors time for someone that is not a serious buyer with a 20% down in their bank account ready to buy.

It is a difficult job for a realitor to separate internet snoopers who dont actually have any money from a serious buyer. You dont want to offend a potential buyer but at the same time you dont want to play 20 questions with someone that has no money and is not pre qualified.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:29 PM

I was looking in the Homer area.

And yes, that particular realtor did offend me. He was very rude and condescending, didn't say hello, thank-you or anything. Just wanted to know how much $$$ I was going to spend. He said he didn't have any files at his office that he could even look at. It was all very unprofessional.

He obviously knew how much money I was going to spend by the property I gave him the MLS# for. It wasn't like I was asking stupid questions for a million $$$ property. It was for $145,000.

Thank-you AKStafford.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:31 PM

Simple questions like:

Was there a W/D hookup.
How close the closest maintained road was.
How motivated the sellers were.
Recommendations for a local lending institution.
Average cost for heating the place.

And so on.....nothing unreasonable at all.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akravenlady View Post
Simple questions like:

Was there a W/D hookup.
How close the closest maintained road was.
How motivated the sellers were.
Recommendations for a local lending institution.
Average cost for heating the place.

And so on.....nothing unreasonable at all.
You got the rude response because you asked how motivated the sellers were. Why should they show you there hand so that you can low ball them. If I were a motivated seller I would allow the property to go into forclosure or negotiate a short sell before I would ever write a check to sell the property. Credit is not real money and real money is too hard to come by these days to throw it in a burn barrel.

Also because you asked about recommendations for lending that means you dont even have financing secured.

So between thoes 2 questions that tells the realitor that you likely dont have a substantial amount of money in your account for a down and you dont have financing for the remaing ballance AND that you were going to potentially make a low ball offer that would be offensive to their client.

I full expect my realitor to protect me from such interactions with low ballers and tire kickers because someone making an offensive offer would stress me out and I pay the realitor to insulate me from stuff like that. It is already stressful enough bringing the home to "model home" condition and having to leave for viewings.

If you confirmed you had the money to spend for the list price and the financing secured you would find out all the other questions when you did a viewing.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:58 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,744,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akravenlady View Post
I was looking in the Homer area.

And yes, that particular realtor did offend me. He was very rude and condescending, didn't say hello, thank-you or anything. Just wanted to know how much $$$ I was going to spend. He said he didn't have any files at his office that he could even look at. It was all very unprofessional.

He obviously knew how much money I was going to spend by the property I gave him the MLS# for. It wasn't like I was asking stupid questions for a million $$$ property. It was for $145,000.

Thank-you AKStafford.
sent you a DM with her name! she's great! also an artist!...I know her personally as does another here....
think I know who you talked with...stay clear...send me a DM with the listing # as I looked at quite a few properties in Homer this summer....I did look at 2 or 3 around that price range.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:03 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
sent you a DM with her name! she's great! also an artist!...I know her personally as does another here....
Tee Hee. Another recommendation.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:04 PM

If you want rock bottom prices you should go after a foreclosure, although banks are not letting them go so cheap these days because they know they cant get the difference out of the original owner. Usually because "motivated seller" means laid off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska