Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 06:34 PM

471 posts, read 1,062,475 times

Advertisements

Torrents? That would solve your problem... lots of small time podcasts use torrents as a means of distribution.
orr just purchase web hosting remotely, then you just upload once and then you are good.. everyone downloads from there. Maybe not a stream, but at least you can do the bethel enlish/yupik broadcast?

You could always get a dedicated dsl line which has no bandwidth limit... however then you are looking at a speed issue. However, broadcasting at 32kb/ps woudn't be bad

Meh torrents probably would be worse than anything in our case... since it would require you to basically send enough data to upload it 3 or more times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 09:31 PM

187 posts, read 348,514 times
Warpt, aren't you JoeJoe? That's who I thought you were, anyway... you do the weather broadcasts and sports too, right?

I dunno about streaming audio, but I like how they have the news available online. When we travel it's fun to dial up a little bit of "home" online. I wish they could do more of the "special" stuff online - I liked how they put the City Council forum online... I'd like it if they could do that with Talkline (English) too. Sometimes that show is a riot. I know people who plan to stay home specifically so they can listen. LOL

@JulieBeth: On the rentals, other than what Warpt already listed a lot of things are advertised via bulletin board at the local stores. Not exactly ideal for having somewhere to go right off the plane.

<<Are there many smaller projects happening up there? Or would it be best to try to work for a <<company? Anybody know anyone who would hire a carpenter?>>

There are lots of small projects here. There are many people who don't show up, do a crappy job, etc. and still you are crossing your fingers they will show up and help you out in a jam. I'm sure you/he won't have trouble finding employment here...

<<I am also curious about summer and winter activities.>>
Summer: boating, going up or downriver and finding a sandbar for a BBQ, berry picking, fishing, social activities (dinner & book clubs, random get-togethers)

winter: sledding, cross country skiing, snowmobiles, reading, lots of indoor stuff. I have several small kids so I'm connected more to the kid scene... in winter I read a lot. :-/ It's not my favorite time ofyear but I'm learning to appreciate it.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:55 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times
Yes, I'm joejoe. I do the evening weather. Once in a great while I'll do the morning sports when I have the early shift.

Don't forget about the Iceroad! I have yet to go on it, but I hear it's smooth.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:41 PM

Yes joejoe I heard you today or yesterday.

:P Meh I love the small town

Old 11-30-2009, 10:48 PM

Worked yesterday...

Old 12-01-2009, 01:30 AM

Possibly then... Meh I don't know, I just loved the music yesterday and the day before that...

I am apparently going to Anchorage tomorrow. Wapt want a McDonalds burger or me to order something from a pizza place for you (no joke, McDonalds burgers freeze well, as long as you don't have the toppings on it just cheese and a patty)? I am going to be in town for a couple hour class... and going to be in town for like 6 hours.

Its a shame, I am not old enough to rent a car or I would go get some groceries, luckly I have my mom down in Seattle who cargos up most of it. <3

Old 12-01-2009, 02:39 AM

Dude, KFC!

Old 12-01-2009, 02:19 PM

187 posts, read 348,514 times
lol... i tried to get my husband to stick a couple pizza hut pizzas in his luggage last time. He wouldn't.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:22 PM

It's weird listening to a FM station on my cell phone! KYUK 90.3 FM is now hitting the airwaves!

Old 12-01-2009, 03:23 PM

For Bethel area anyways...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska