Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:28 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times

Advertisements

So my niece and I were helping a friend move today and afterwards we stopped in the Moose lodge for a refreshing beverage (it was actually warm today) and an idjit who always seems to be skulking there thought maybe his ship had come in or whatever the f. Anyway this person always tries to strike up conversation with me based on the latest Alaska specific reality programming on the Discovery Channel. So there I am trying to enjoy a nice cold drinky and I guess I should mention that driving out of the woods on our way there my girl and I partook of a little medweed.

So here I am stoned in the Moose lodge and I've got some idjit in my face yapping his trap about Deadliest Catch and how every time he watches it it makes him glad that he's nice and warm under his blanky in his fifteen foot trailer home.

Anyway this thread is meant as a tribute to the real men in Alaska who aren't wussing out under blankies in between reality tv episodes and thinking that's somehow going to impress women like me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 10:53 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,809,796 times
Speaking of The Deadliest Catch....Phil had a heart attack was was medivacked from St. Paul Island to Anchorage a couple days ago.

Underwent an emergency operation and then was placed into a coma....

Updates are being posted here by Marie's son:

CorneliaMarie*|*Crab Fishing Vessel on Deadliest Catch

Old 02-03-2010, 10:58 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Hope he heals quickly...

Old 02-03-2010, 11:30 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,854 times
I sure hope the hospital is not being mobbed by blanky-wearing idjits! That man seems to have more lives than a cat. I know what you mean, Met. Sometimes it is intolerable discussing Alaska down there.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:23 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Yeah, all the anti crab fishing clowns would show up at the Hospital wearing crabs... maybe they had crabs... something like that.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:10 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Speaking of The Deadliest Catch....Phil had a heart attack was was medivacked from St. Paul Island to Anchorage a couple days ago.

Underwent an emergency operation and then was placed into a coma....

Updates are being posted here by Marie's son:

CorneliaMarie*|*Crab Fishing Vessel on Deadliest Catch
Phil had a heart attack besides the stroke??? bummer! hope he recovers!

Old 02-04-2010, 08:58 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
Phil had a heart attack besides the stroke??? bummer! hope he recovers!
I think Dave probably meant a stroke. And it sounds like a pretty serious one if it involved surgery and an induced coma. Hopefully he fully recovers, but from my experience a stroke that serious is likely to leave him disabled in some capacity. Possibly enough to end his career. Really sad.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:01 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
So my niece and I were helping a friend move today and afterwards we stopped in the Moose lodge for a refreshing beverage (it was actually warm today) and an idjit who always seems to be skulking there thought maybe his ship had come in or whatever the f. Anyway this person always tries to strike up conversation with me based on the latest Alaska specific reality programming on the Discovery Channel. So there I am trying to enjoy a nice cold drinky and I guess I should mention that driving out of the woods on our way there my girl and I partook of a little medweed.

So here I am stoned in the Moose lodge and I've got some idjit in my face yapping his trap about Deadliest Catch and how every time he watches it it makes him glad that he's nice and warm under his blanky in his fifteen foot trailer home.

Anyway this thread is meant as a tribute to the real men in Alaska who aren't wussing out under blankies in between reality tv episodes and thinking that's somehow going to impress women like me.
Met, given your propensity to be hit on by idjits in public places, maybe your nickname should be "the Deadliest Catch"!

Old 02-04-2010, 09:36 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,809,796 times
Plus one for Maurice.....

Old 02-04-2010, 03:12 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
I think Dave probably meant a stroke. And it sounds like a pretty serious one if it involved surgery and an induced coma. Hopefully he fully recovers, but from my experience a stroke that serious is likely to leave him disabled in some capacity. Possibly enough to end his career. Really sad.
treatment has come a long way in the last year for stroke victim with almost full recovery in some cases depending on the area of the brain....he just might be one of them as inducing a coma is part of the treatment for this type!! fingers crossed he recovers well enough to get back on his boat!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Met, given your propensity to be hit on by idjits in public places, maybe your nickname should be "the Deadliest Catch"!
Hey Met....reel them in with how much you'd like them on your boat....then tell them only to use for chum bait!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska