Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2010, 11:09 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,248,735 times

Advertisements

I'll split the ticket with ya Met.
If someone hates a place so much...get the hell out, we don't want you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 11:32 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
By the way, what an ugly hypocrite you are, MM. You're blaring all over another thread about how you're going to work for the Ruby project (while you're waiting for the Alaska natural gas pipeline to ...seems that project has hit a bit of a snag recently. Care to tell us about that, as long as you seem to want to blast this country for killing wildlife? You can also clue us in on the major investor of this (probably doomed) project...I wonder what country they have offices in...

Can't have it both ways. I'm no fan of big oil myself (but at least I don't pretend to work for them on the internet).

Old 06-06-2010, 12:13 AM

457 posts, read 1,016,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
I'll split the ticket with ya Met.
If someone hates a place so much...get the hell out, we don't want you.
Neph; stand on your own 2 feet . That egomaniac collects souls if ya know what I mean. I have dozens of pms on how much she is despised. The pawns come and then detach from this host when they see the truth. Need a guru? ahhaha NOT .

For You do you wish the millions to die going forward in foreign wars to end? How bout 50 million abortions stopped-- yep down the drain under your city. I dont care at what cost to the killers-- It must stop now--- cost of doin business? Ya its my business .

Bottom line--- do the deed-- pay the penalty-- no such thing as escaping justice--- soooner the murders are stopped then we have truth and honesty. 100 trillion is debt? I cant change anything! Its gravity-- dues are owed--- its coming... no free lunch especially for the US --- the credit card has truly run over. tv -- n o t g o o d

Old 06-06-2010, 12:20 AM

6,424 posts, read 13,248,735 times
My soul was collected years ago, then spit back out. I am my own man, and no one can claim me nor my soul but me.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:33 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
MM--care to answer my questions about El Paso Corp and what's hanging up their project?

Didn't think so.

Not that I believe a word of what you're saying about your future employment with them OR your future employment with the Alaska natural gas pipeline, but why don't you consider making an honest living rather than working for big energy? You were here a few months ago advocating that people move to Alaska on a shoestring and get jobs delivering pizza and you were lying about employment in roadhouses paying thirty ducks$ (that's code) an hour...nonetheless, seems like honest enough work.

By the way, I could match you PM for PM about what a delusional lying POS you are (if you're even telling the truth about that). I was one of the few people here who actually gave you a chance when you infested this forum with your lies and pretensions; obviously you've got a few sour grapes...

If you are naive enough to believe that the oil wars taking place on the planet right now are the sole fault of the United States then you are a far bigger loquacious blockhead than even your half baked sub literate rantings portray you to be, and that's a pretty far fall.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 06-06-2010 at 01:31 AM..

Old 06-06-2010, 12:51 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Don't know if this has been posted already, but article saying BP CEO sold one third of his stock in the company a month before the spill:
BP chief Tony Hayward sold shares weeks before oil spill - Telegraph

Old 06-06-2010, 03:08 AM

21 posts, read 64,231 times
A detailed computer animation of the oil spills path up the east coast.

A detailed computer modeling study released today indicates that oil from the massive spill in the Gulf of Mexico might soon extend along thousands of miles of the Atlantic coast and open ocean as early as this summer. The modeling results are captured in a series of dramatic animations produced by the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) and collaborators.
http://www2.ucar.edu/news/ocean-currents-likely-to-carry-oil-spill-along-atlantic-coast
Here's the animated video, tracking from day 1 and projecting out to day 132:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE-1G_476nA&feature=player_embedded

Old 06-06-2010, 03:20 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,570,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollym313 View Post
I saw the oil soaked birds on the news last night. That breaks my heart...I can only imagine how the people that live there feel about seeing that everyday.

The birds issue will get worse, there is a lot of seabirds than will land in the floating oil (mousse) and be covered in oil and die, feathers will wash ashore for months but the birds will never be seen.

During the EXXON Valdez spill it happened right at the annual bird migration and there were tens of thousands of birds oiled and died. Many were again at sea and we only saw their feathers come ashore all summer during the cleanup process.

During the Selendang Ayu spill out by Dutch Harbor, the ship broke in half in December and because the winter storms kept us from getting cleaning crews onto the beach until April, the oil was weathered and not floating at sea anymore during migrations. We found maybe a dozen dead birds that had died on the beach during the cleanup. Saw very few feathers during the entire summer. Did get to see a lot of seal pups born on the rocks right by us while cleaning oil and then watch them grow all summer.

Regardless, the press is going to find the most distraught dying bird and put it on TV for ratings. Something about seeing something that would make most people sick, seems to get the most views.

Old 06-06-2010, 03:25 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,570,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Don't know if this has been posted already, but article saying BP CEO sold one third of his stock in the company a month before the spill:
BP chief Tony Hayward sold shares weeks before oil spill - Telegraph
Sounds like he made a smart move, the stock has dropped almost 50% since then... I wouldn't be surprised if he has bought a lot of it back at the new lower price.

Same thing happened with the EXXON Valdez spill, EXXON stock dropped like a rock, lost 50% of it's value, and within a year, was back up to full returns and they made a profit to boot.

You may hate BP, but if you want to make a good return on your money, buy low....

Or you can stick to your principles and miss out on the ride.

Bet even CC is looking pretty hard at their stock right about now...

Old 06-06-2010, 03:41 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,133,538 times
Manmountain, you need to ask to be moved from the Fries to making the burgers, I think the oil/grease is getting to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska