Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2017, 07:12 PM

1,541 posts, read 1,678,368 times

Advertisements

This forum seems way too dead. Let's liven it up and share some of our favorite places to eat.

Every time I'm back in Albany, I try to hit as many of these joints as I can:

Sainato's Deli - on the corner of New Scotland and Quail. The owner and his family that run it are great people. Fun and happy all the time. The meatball subs and sausage and peppers are great. Awesome authentic Italian food. Gets pretty busy during lunch time.

Anton's - on New Scotland in between Winnie and South Allen. Great Greek food with awesome portions. Kind of expensive but the food always tastes great. My favorite place to get a gyro or even breakfast food. The omelettes are huge and they also give tons of home fries/potato wedges, whatever they're called.

Namu Korean BBQ - this is off Central Ave in Colonie. I think this is like the only place in the area to get high quality Korean BBQ. I don't go for the BBQ though; my favorite dishes are the bibimbap and soondubu jigae. Prices are fairly reasonable for what you get. Extremely clean and modern restaurant as well.

Little Anthony's Pizza - off Central Ave in Colonie, just outside of Albany. I promise you this is the best place to get pizza. Beats the hell out of Sarabella's and Noho Pizza.

Goodfella's Pizza - this is out in Amsterdam. It's near Hewitt, forget the exact street. Slices are great and the kids that work there are awesome.

Market Street Pizza - this is in Johnstown. The sauce is amazing. Beats Vince's by a mile. The wings are great too from what I hear, although I'm not a wings fanatic. Worth stopping there if you're out that way.

Peking Chinese - also in Johnstown. It's amazing that a small town like Johnstown has some really awesome places to eat. The Chinese take out here is phenomenal compared to the sketchy joints in Albany.

What's your guys's local favorites?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 03:21 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
I was up visiting my daughter at college and had my dog with me. Not wanting to leave him alone in a hotel room, my daughter tried finding pet friendly dining in the area. The weather was lovely and Capital City GastroPub on New Scotland Ave, Albany had outdoor dining available.

We had a great meal.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I was up visiting my daughter at college and had my dog with me. Not wanting to leave him alone in a hotel room, my daughter tried finding pet friendly dining in the area. The weather was lovely and Capital City GastroPub on New Scotland Ave, Albany had outdoor dining available.

We had a great meal.
I've heard about that place but haven't been. Need to add it to my list!

Old 12-30-2017, 03:04 PM

76 posts, read 136,449 times
Van's Vietnamese on Central. High quality and a bit pricey but portions are huge.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conteacher View Post
Van's Vietnamese on Central. High quality and a bit pricey but portions are huge.
Van's is definitely good, but I can't stand their staff. Particularly the waitresses. They're very rude and pushy lol.

Haven't had the pho there (I'm not a fan of pho), but their chicken and rice dishes are great.

Best place to park for free over in that area is the one way street by that school, just off of Central.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area