Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 10:47 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times

Advertisements

Maybe I'm getting them confused, I remember the pool at Kaydeeross, but also remember swimming in the lake there as well. It's been 40 years (gives you an idea of my age) since I've been to either, but considering that I lived in southern Saratoga County from 1965 through 1980 and then on and off after that until 1991, I most definitely spent time at both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 882 times
Default Browns Beach and Kaydeross

These were two separate parks on opposite ends of the lake, and those of us who grew up in the area in the 60-70s remember them both well. The schools all did field trips to Kaydeross, since it was one of the few amusement parks in the area south of Lake George, where you could do all those rickety rides and play games in the giant arcade. There was also a small sailing club next door that my family used to be a part of.

Browns Beach was actually a very clean place that they owners raked every morning to clear the seaweed, and had a diving platform out past the standing area. It also had a few rides on one end that you could pay for separately, as well as a snack shack that had frozen 3 Musketeer candy bars and cotton candy.

My brothers, father and I all visited the area this summer and found neither still operating. Kaydeross is completely unrecognizable now that it's a gated community, and Browns Beach is overgrown with weeds. However, the inn at the road there is still the same, but also abandoned. It did my heart well to at least stand in the place where we spent so many summer days in my childhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area