Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 09:06 PM

923 posts, read 2,419,925 times

Advertisements

I haven't seen this posted yet, so forgive me if it has -- I recently read that Los Cuates will be opening up on the west side in the former Copeland's location on Coors just east of the Cottonwood Mall. Not good news for Garduno's which is just across the parking lot. It's not a national chain, but I it is a local chain.

We used to eat at at LC when we lived in the SE area, but the drive is too far, so we only eat there when we are in the area.

Los Cuates jumps over the Rio Grande - New Mexico Business Weekly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo View Post
I recently read that Los Cuates will be opening up on the west side in the former Copeland's location on Coors just east of the Cottonwood Mall. Not good news for Garduno's which is just across the parking lot.
I was wondering what was going to happen to the Copeland site, I recently noticed construction workers there working on the building.

I liked Copeland's...

Garduno's? Well, with two stores remaining, the one at Cottonwood and then at Winrock Mall, I hope they survive. The Garduno's at Winrock has always seemed to be packed with out of town visitors.

Rich

Old 12-06-2011, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,927 times
The city does have height limitations on signs in certain areas. The Fiesta Lanes sign was grandfathered in and Staples had to buy it in order to keep a sign that height. Plus that is a cool sign and a reminder of Fiesta Lanes!

Old 12-06-2011, 12:31 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,185,180 times
Chipotle is open. At 15 minutes prior to open there were probably 30 people waiting outside in the cold and probably more in their cars.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:00 PM

152 posts, read 319,518 times
I ate at Chipotle for lunch today and waited about 20 minutes in line outside. It was well worth it though, the food is very good. Highly recommended!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
This will lessen with time and with the opening of the westside location.
BTW, does anyone know yet exactly where the Westside location will be?

Old 12-11-2011, 09:47 AM

662 posts, read 1,451,103 times
I have driven by Chipotle several times since it opened, and there is always a line out the door--amazing. My husband declared he would happily wait in line for Chipotle since he really misses it. You wouldn't catch me waiting.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:58 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,185,180 times
What surprised me about Chipotle is how at many locations they tend to stay that busy, months, even years, after they've been open.

You can see this one is as busy as a Dion's in the back; considering how getting your order is as slow as a Subway, it shows just how much labor goes into their food prep.

I think Chipotle would be far far far more successful if they managed a method of getting the line to move faster without loss of quality; they could fit in more seating if they didn't have to devote so much space to parking or room to wait in line. That iPhone app looks interesting but I remain skeptical as to its ability to eliminate the wait, particularly when this location hasn't been up and running very long, and the staff is constantly rushing to keep up with the line.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:31 PM

434 posts, read 1,106,481 times
So this city is full of Mexican restaurants, and everyone wants chipotle??

Old 12-12-2011, 06:42 PM

520 posts, read 611,691 times
Chipotle is a different animal than "Mexican" food in Albuquerque, which is really New Mexican food and distinct from Mexican food that you'll find in the rest of the U.S. Chipotle is a (somewhat bland, but still good!) approximation of Mission Burritos that you'll find in San Francisco and a few other places. Mission Burritos are great, and unlike other burritos sold in Albuquerque. They are very large, based around rice and beans, and contain meat, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, and salsa: San Francisco burrito - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While I wish Chipotle had al pastor, chicken colorado, and some other, spicier meat options, it is still pretty good. I'm glad it's here and it filled a void that Albuquerque had.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:37 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
What smashstyle said. Mexican cuisine, like its culture, is not monolithic nor contained by political boundaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque