Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:55 AM

416 posts, read 1,399,204 times

Advertisements

One of the things I'm looking forward to after moving is having someone else clean my house! It's so much cheaper to live there, then where I currently live, that I'm going to hire someone to come in and clean. Can anyone recommend a good service? Any I should avoid? My only request is that I can communicate in English with anyone that comes into my home to clean. Well, of course we'd like them to do a good job, too! I'm looking for long term and the same person/people coming each time. Any out there that use all natural cleaners? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 02:26 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,612,146 times
Can't help you with the cleaning personnel, but I suspect they'd be like most (individual) cleaning people here - if they use regular harsh cleaners, they're more than happy to use natural or environmentally friendly cleaners if you provide the cleaners (we've even converted a few ).

Old 07-09-2007, 06:13 PM

I'm happy to supply the cleaners and anything else they need to clean...I just don't want to do it anymore!

What do you mean you've converted a few?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Can't help you with the cleaning personnel, but I suspect they'd be like most (individual) cleaning people here - if they use regular harsh cleaners, they're more than happy to use natural or environmentally friendly cleaners if you provide the cleaners (we've even converted a few ).

Old 07-09-2007, 06:40 PM

Well, not really "converted" maybe... finally talked two neighbors who clean houses into trying environmentally friendly and/or natural cleaners, and they were surprised to discover that the friendlier stuff really does clean better than the harsh (hazardous) chemicals do. So now they clean with safer stuff. And the one has less sinus problems than she used to have

Old 07-09-2007, 06:52 PM

Awesome! Will they allow you to pass their names along? Would you recommend them?

Old 07-09-2007, 07:17 PM

371 posts, read 2,029,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Well, not really "converted" maybe... finally talked two neighbors who clean houses into trying environmentally friendly and/or natural cleaners, and they were surprised to discover that the friendlier stuff really does clean better than the harsh (hazardous) chemicals do. So now they clean with safer stuff. And the one has less sinus problems than she used to have
Okay Yukon - Spill the dirt. What environmentally friendly products have you found that do as good a job as the commercial cleaners? I really am curious because I would love to switch, but years ago before my son was born I used to clean houses for extra money. I tried some environmentally friendly products and even with all my elbow grease wasn't able to get chrome to shine and rings around toilets to disappear. Maybe I was too much a perfectionist, but I think not. Things have probably improved since then too. If you can't post the names of the products you have your cleaners use, could you private message me because I would love to clean our house with them and maybe in the future, do the cleaning business again.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:33 PM

vegggies, while my neighbors are willing to drive a far piece for a good client, I'm not sure they want to drive from Tampa to ABQ.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:34 PM

oooooh, oops, sorry about that!

Old 07-09-2007, 07:45 PM

Although if one decides to relocate, she'll be happy to know there's a demand for her services!

Old 07-09-2007, 08:07 PM

LOL! Have her look me up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque