Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 06:49 AM

13,369 posts, read 27,026,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwjoyak View Post
Alegria is mostly built out now. The builder (Pulte) has only 1 model and around 5 spec homes left to sell. ....
Pulte is also working on another Del Webb community, Mirehaven, that is located in northwest ABQ.
Thanks. That explains why they knocked $40-50K off the spec homes for sale in Alegria. They are good deals. I am not in a position to buy, but I will keep an eye on Mirehaven.

BTW, I had looked at the Las Vegas Del Webb communities, but I would be happier with the smaller communities in ABQ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 06:42 AM

887 posts, read 1,214,790 times
Alegria remains on my list of a few areas I am considering in hopefully five years or so. I do hate and dread the thought of those micro building lots however. That aspect has to be weighed over buying an older home on 1/2 plus acre. I am getting beyond the age where I want to begin renovating bathrooms, kitchen etc especially because I have always done those things myself. I've also read and heard of nightmares regarding certain plastic piping systems falling apart in homes built during a certain era and do not want to entertain that nightmare either. Repiping is not an appealing idea on slab homes.

I also like the location of that community. It's a hop, skip and jump to 25 and right off 550 which heads off to the areas I most love to hike and photograph. Bernalillo has about all the retail I could ask for with the Home Depot, Walgreens etc. I'm not sure about groceries or an occasional place to see a movie as I have yet to really look that hard. Eating out is not a huge priority for me and The Range would fit all those needs easily.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:34 PM

1 posts, read 856 times
Default Living in alegria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwjoyak View Post
Alegria is mostly built out now. The builder (Pulte) has only 1 model and around 5 spec homes left to sell. Quite a few resales (10+) are also currently listed in the community. The builder's sales agents will be moving out next month and the homeowners association is now fully in the hands of residents. I'm on the HOA board and continue to love living in Alegria.

Haven't been down to Jubilee in a long time but I suspect Alegria homes are more costly. However, I think the price difference is definitely worth it.

Pulte is also working on another Del Webb community, Mirehaven, that is located in northwest ABQ. See Pulte Group - Del Webb To Build First Active Adult Community In Albuquerque. I think their sales agents will be moving down there from Alegria and starting to sell homes in the first quarter of 2015. Not sure how pricey homes in Mirehaven will be.

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have about Alegria. Either post them here or send me a PM.

Rich
I sent you a message, but I am not certain you received it since I only registered just now to be able to communicate. Bottom line is, I will be in visiting Alegria on Monday, Jan 19 with my wife to take a look around. It is our first visit -- we live in Colorado. Is there a chance we could meet? We want to talk to someone who lives there and is committed to doing so.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:03 PM

1,182 posts, read 2,476,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGmtns View Post
I sent you a message, but I am not certain you received it since I only registered just now to be able to communicate. Bottom line is, I will be in visiting Alegria on Monday, Jan 19 with my wife to take a look around. It is our first visit -- we live in Colorado. Is there a chance we could meet? We want to talk to someone who lives there and is committed to doing so.
I got your message and sent you a reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque