Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 12:44 PM

34 posts, read 157,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaparral View Post
What part of town would you be looking at?

If you're looking in the NE Heights, I can recommend Bill Pavlakos, 3904 Juan Tabo NE. (292-7526)

Chap
I'm open to the West, NW, or central area...but as I don't need to go to the dentist very often I don't mind traveling to other parts of town. I live in Bernalillo, Albuquerque, and Grants (don't ask). : P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 12:45 PM

34 posts, read 157,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrell View Post
In the last 2 months, I finally found a good dentist after 18 months of trying.
Gary Sanchez replaced a loose crown and did some other work for me quickly,
efficiently and most importantly, PROPERLY.

Albuquerque Dentist, Albuquerque Cosmetic Dentist, Albuquerque Implant Dentist, Albuquerque Bioesthetic Dentist

I highly recommend his practice.
Thank you very much for the info!

Old 07-10-2010, 04:11 PM

923 posts, read 2,419,556 times
I have been going to Dr. Kurt Lambert for 20 years. He is near San Pedro and Lomas. I live on the other side of town, but never changed dentists when I moved because he is good. His office is not fancy, but he knows his stuff and he doesn't try to rip you off. He'll give you options on procedures to save you money instead of saying you need this or that procedure. That's why I'm afraid to move somewhere closer.

My husband transferred to a closer dentist who right away started scheduling all kinds of expensive procedures. We spent $5K in over a year there! Every time a new bill would arrive, I'd have to go over it with a fine tooth comb because we'd end up getting charged for procedures that were paid for on the previous bill cycle. They'd also add in expensive toothbrushes ($250 for a toothbrush!!) and other things that I'd have to cancel.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:38 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,729 times
papillionailes,

I know more about speciality dentists than general practitioners, and those I know are in the Academy/Wyoming area, so it does not sound like I can be of much help to you.

You might want to check Angieslist.com. They have listings for Albuquerque and in the last year or so have really been building their medical/dental list. So, if you are new to the area it might be helpful in other ways as well.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:04 AM

265 posts, read 808,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrell View Post
In the last 2 months, I finally found a good dentist after 18 months of trying.
Gary Sanchez replaced a loose crown and did some other work for me quickly,
efficiently and most importantly, PROPERLY.

Albuquerque Dentist, Albuquerque Cosmetic Dentist, Albuquerque Implant Dentist, Albuquerque Bioesthetic Dentist

I highly recommend his practice.
I want to thank you for posting this recommendation!

We hadn't found a dentist yet, either, until Tuesday night hubby broke a tooth which upped the priority considerably. After talking with friends, searching the net, and actually looking at the yellow pages, we decided to call Dr. Sanchez.

We were very pleased. Dr. Sanchez made time to see my husband at 10 am the next morning, he and his staff were very pleasant, and also very upfront about treatment costs & options. And as you say, they were also quick & efficient, DH was back at his desk an hour later ... the repair work looks great.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:34 PM

1,938 posts, read 4,750,159 times
I'm glad you liked him. I had to have an emergency root canal done 10 days ago and
I just got back from his office after being fitted with a temp crown. I'm very impressed..

Old 09-06-2010, 03:56 AM

560 posts, read 1,715,123 times
Just thought I post my dentist's info for other people who will read this thread... Dr.Michael Armijo, DDS, 5900 Cubero Drive NE, Suite B, Albuquerque. I am one of those people who is afraid of the dentist, but he put me at ease. Nice staff, fair prices, but 4-6 weeks to get an appointment.

I can't speak highly enough about this guy. I drive down from Santa Fe to see him.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:03 AM

16 posts, read 28,701 times
I am another one of those people who are terrified of the dentist. I found one I absolutly love. She is worth the drive to the NE Heights from the Westside where I live. Her name is Dr. Zeena Al-Timimi. She has two hygenists. I highly recommend Dee. She is at 3900 Eubank NE.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:54 PM

23 posts, read 53,052 times
Default Good Dentist in Rio Rancho/Westside??

Hi! I am looking for a good dentist in Rio Rancho or the Westside of town and don't want to randomly pick one. My insurance covers most places it seems. Who do you go to that you really like- or who to stay away from???

Old 01-19-2011, 04:20 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp87124 View Post
Hi! I am looking for a good dentist in Rio Rancho or the Westside of town and don't want to randomly pick one. My insurance covers most places it seems. Who do you go to that you really like- or who to stay away from???
We use Comfort Dental in ABQ.

Rich

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 03-28-2014 at 09:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque