Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 08:09 AM

40 posts, read 58,600 times

Advertisements

Even if you can catch the trasher it will be hard to prove in court. You might consider going after McDonalds, save a big bag of their trash and dump it in corp. headquarters. Try to get all the news coverage you can and maybe MD will try to do something about it. I don't know what they could do short of not selling take-out, maybe they could do something so the trash could be traced to the sale and then the buyer. This is a big problem with fast food all over the country and it needs to somehow be stopped.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:41 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
If you can figure out what this person ordered, perhaps then you could check with the local Mickey D's and see if they remember someone who orders that carry-out day after day. Of course, they might not cooperate, but it's worth a try, particularly if it's the same order each time.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:51 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpossum View Post
Even if you can catch the trasher it will be hard to prove in court.
Not if you have a video. Not if you have a witness... I have taken people to local Municipal court on dog issues...

Quote:
You might consider going after McDonalds, save a big bag of their trash and dump it in corp. headquarters.
Oh geeze... Yes, lets blame a big corporation for an individual persons actions. Lets blame the car manufactures for the 34,000 deaths per year in their vehicles. Once we eliminate automobiles, maybe the Burlison Drive Litterbug will stop.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:11 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,062,159 times
Quote:
Even if you can catch the trasher it will be hard to prove in court. You might consider going after McDonalds, save a big bag of their trash and dump it in corp. headquarters. Try to get all the news coverage you can and maybe MD will try to do something about it. I don't know what they could do short of not selling take-out, maybe they could do something so the trash could be traced to the sale and then the buyer. This is a big problem with fast food all over the country and it needs to somehow be stopped.
Of course...where a lot of our society is headed. Instead of the individual being held responsible lets blame it on others.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:24 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Quote:
Seriously ? Does that mean we can sue your ISP for posting this drivel ?

Old 01-07-2014, 01:56 PM

17 posts, read 28,354 times
Quote:
Actually, I have thought about calling McDonald's corporate and asking if there is some sort of litterbug program they have. They spend so much money on PR that I'm sure it's been brought up before. I looked up their anti-litter campaigns and they seem to be very active in Europe and Australia, but their involvement in the United States is that they put that "don't litter" graphic on their bags. Lame.

Corporations like this have super-deep pockets and will often sponsor activities just to get good PR. I can see them doing a neighborhood cleanup or something like that, but it still doesn't catch the scumbag.

A lot of people have mentioned setting up a camera. It's not my street. I just drive through it. So I don't know where I would set up a camera. And for how long to let it go. The two McDonald's in that area are 24-hour.

I've stopped several times to pick up the trash and look for a receipt, but there's never been one in there.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:10 PM

8 posts, read 18,110 times
Because of the same time, same place, same restaurant, It could be someone that works at one of the MCD locations near that area getting off work either late at night or very early in the morning. Maybe speak to the managers at the locations. Just a thought...

Old 01-08-2014, 01:39 PM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,307,212 times
ever look in the bag for a receipt?

Old 01-08-2014, 02:23 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,701,049 times
Maybe you can recruit a neighbor to put up a camera, or see if someone in the area already has one set up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque