Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 03:23 PM

11 posts, read 23,796 times

Advertisements

Hello again! We are moving to Albuquerque in March are most likely going to rent a house in Northern Meadows neighborhood of Rio Rancho, it is just south of Progress Boulevard and west of Unser , what do y'all think about this area for a rental for a year or two? We have a 3 year old and a bun in the oven. Any advice would help. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 10:53 AM

23 posts, read 64,174 times
We lived there when we first moved to New Mexico. We rented for a year in Northern Meadows before buying in a different neightborhood (enchanted hills). Its a decent/safe neighborhood with lots of parks for the kids. There are 5 different parks within the neighborhood, and lots of sidewalks and walking trails. The biggest problem with it is that it is pretty far from everything. There are no stores nearby and it takes a while to get to just about anywhere. The driving distances to everything got pretty old after a while, otherwise we probably would have bought a house there.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:10 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,361,929 times
When we first moved to NM, we rented a house in Northern Meadows, and loved the area. I wouldn't hesitate to live there again, if we moved back to that area.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:59 PM

Thank you for the replies and the good news!! We are excited and have heard good things about the area so far. We are looking forward to leaving the mid-Atlantic area we live in now with cold damp winters and nasty humid summers, and not a real mountain range anywhere in sight

Old 01-02-2014, 12:11 PM

548 posts, read 1,217,152 times
Where is your/your spouse's job? Distance is the main problem with Northern Meadows, which is why it is so affordable.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:17 AM

I will be working in and around Albuquerque and Santa Fe and my wife is a stay-at-home mom... Don't mind being a little ways out, I actually like the peace and quiet

Old 01-07-2014, 03:49 PM

548 posts, read 1,217,152 times
You should be fine there then

Old 02-09-2017, 09:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,039 times
Default Water Problem

Hello everyone.

I would like to know if water is expensive in the northern meadows neighborhood? Which is a better neighborhood - river edge or enchanted hills? Thanks

Old 02-10-2017, 08:47 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,754,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edged Blade View Post
Hello everyone.

I would like to know if water is expensive in the northern meadows neighborhood? Which is a better neighborhood - river edge or enchanted hills? Thanks
I live in River's Edge I. We have lived here over 10 years and like this neighborhood. We have considered moving at times, but are still here. We have city water, and the cost is the same throughout the city. Those areas which do not have city water have the issues of having a well. I would consider the River's Edge neighborhoods because of their location. I like some parts of Enchanted Hills. It also depends on your budget. If we moved again we would go with a +$250,000 home, still in Rio Rancho...

Here is an article about the water usage in Northern Meadows: Rio Rancho neighborhood using millions of gallons of water | KRQE News 13

Northern Meadows is a neighborhood in the city of Rio Rancho.

Enchanted Hills s a neighborhood in the city of Rio Rancho.

There is a River's Edge I, River's Edge II and River's Edge III neighborhoods.

Here is the Rio Rancho City Hall Website: The Official Site of Rio Rancho, NM

Here is a list of Neighborhood Associations in Rio Rancho: The Official Site of Rio Rancho, NM - Neighborhood Associations

Old 02-10-2017, 09:45 AM

142 posts, read 252,738 times
It has been about 14 years since I lived in Rio Rancho. Northern Meadows is pretty far out. It is to me a classic 'middle of nowhere' suburb. Though more shops/stores/restaurants have been built out there in the past 10 years so it isn't so isolated as it once was. Personally, if I was going to live in Rio Rancho, I'd try to be close to 550 or 528. I second Poncho_NM's recommendation of River's Edge which is a nice area and easy access to 550 to get on the interstate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque