Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 08:49 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times

Advertisements

I read in the paper today that the city of Rio Rancho had signed up with CrimeReports.Com . They will be inputting data daily. It's free, and looks interesting so far. I also noticed Albuquerque is in the system.

Added: After looking at the site some more, Silver City is also included for New Mexico.

Rich

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 01-07-2009 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: Add info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 04:13 PM

1 posts, read 9,111 times
Thanks for the site's

Old 02-17-2009, 04:42 AM

41 posts, read 150,200 times
Glad to be of help... I bought a house in Alb last summer and I used the crime website extensively to decide what part of town to avoid buying in... plus it can help you find some of the safer "pockets" to live in... especially if you are looking in the SE area of the city...

Old 04-23-2009, 07:57 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,083,410 times
Default No. 8 in Car Thefts

Front page of the Albuququerque Journal this morning.

We've improved from number 7 last year.

According to the article, a 1994 car is #2 on the list.
I find that surprising.

Also, for comic relief, the article states:
"Police .. Hope New Law's Stiffer Penalties Will Cut High Rate in Albuquerque Area"

You bet! Haw! Haw! Haw!
Toughen up that law. That's gonna help.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:51 AM

238 posts, read 634,903 times
Post Albuquerque Metropolitan Area Crime Discussions

Looks like Albuquerque has made yet another notorious ranking. The local newscasters reported today that CQ Press ranked the Albuquerque Metro Area the eighth highest metro for crime in 2008.

CQ Press

KOAT 7 (http://www.koat.com/news/21717055/detail.html - broken link)

So, does that mean 8 years of Marty didn't really do anything to ease crime?

--BtK

Old 11-25-2009, 02:23 AM

4,255 posts, read 5,937,571 times
Yeah, but it's for the metro area.

From the second page you linked to:

The city Albuquerque, alone, ranked 72 in crime, Rio Rancho came in 306, and Las Cruces ranked 223 out of about 393 cities.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:11 AM

Thumbs up Crime in Burque

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post

Yeah, but it's for the metro area.

From the second page you linked to:

The city Albuquerque, alone, ranked 72 in crime, Rio Rancho came in 306, and Las Cruces ranked 223 out of about 393 cities.

Yes, I noticed that. What amazes me is the disparity in ranking between Burque and Rio Rancho. What a difference just a few miles makes. But the 8th place finish in the Metro area is nothing to sneeze at.

We have a serious crime problem in this city and I think it's time to take our heads out of the sand and address this problem.

--BtK

Old 11-25-2009, 03:44 AM

4,255 posts, read 5,937,571 times
I do think we have a serious crime problem, and a serious problem with the justice system here. Just putting things in perspective. I know I play both sides of this issue, partly depending on my mood I'm afraid.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:47 AM

Thumbs up Garbage In, Garbage Out

Quote:

I do think we have a serious crime problem, and a serious problem with the justice system here. Just putting things in perspective.

Justice system? What's that? Oh, you mean the 'system' where I can rack up a dozen DWI's, run over a dog, rape a teenager, and kill a street bum and have my cousin the judge give me the lightest sentence possible?

That seems to be the problem with Burque and NM in general. Too many worthless criminals getting away with crimes without punishment or fear of punishment.

Quote:

I know I play both sides of this issue, partly depending on my mood I'm afraid.

I don't. I know Burque has serious crime problems, and poll after poll, survey after survey, year after year proves me right. The best thing Albuquerque can do for itself is repair its criminal justice system. Without having a safe environment for everyone, the city cannot function. It is imperative that we do this.

After that, we can move on to education. Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum.

--BtK

Old 11-25-2009, 05:20 AM

475 posts, read 1,267,587 times
Here is the city ranking:

http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2009...9_Rank_Rev.pdf

Santa Fe does not make the city list? Too small?

People should remember that crime statistics are notoriously bad. On the other hand, from what I can see in Santa Fe the criminal justice system is incredibly lenient particularly with people from politically connected families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque