Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 08:19 PM

212 posts, read 689,080 times

Advertisements

For a pretty penny in shipping, Bueno will deliver chile to you no matter where you are in the world.

http://www.buenofoods.com/

Pricey, but if you're a green chile fanatic and don't have anyone in NM who can ship it to you, I think it's worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 11:59 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,373,774 times
Thanks for the replies, have found it frozen at Albertsons out here including hot, I have also found el pinto products like the green chili sauce, and my dear mom and dad bring down the powdered stuff for me when visiting.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:30 AM

17 posts, read 112,519 times
Default Real NM Food (Hot Hot Hot)

If you are in NYC, you can go (you must go!) to Los Dos Molinos on E 18th st. Los Dos Molinos NYC All the family recipies originated in the Springerville AZ/NM area. The family is an institution in Arizona for NM style food.

One day about 15 years ago one of the daughters of the family got bored with Phoenix and opened up shop in NYC. The rest was history ... salvation for those in need of a chile fix.

This is the real deal.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:05 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,078,168 times
Gallit suggested:

> Bueno Foods
>
> Pricey, but if you're a green chile fanatic .... it's worth it.

For the standard "Green Chile Hot" the product price is $24.99 + $50
shipping or $74.99 or $12.50 per 13 oz. tub (vs. about $3 here in NM)

I entered a 'test' order for two orders, but the site wanted to charge
me $100 shipping. Maybe if you call and ask them to ship two orders
in one shipment, you can get a deal.

If you buy 12 tubs and could get them to ship for $50, you are looking
at an average price of $8.33/tub. That would be better.

Just one of those tubs offers a lot of chile goodness.

Old 11-28-2008, 04:43 PM

4 posts, read 13,915 times
Default Green Chile in Florida

Does anyone know where Bueno or ABQ Tortilla Co. frozen chile can be found in Florida. I have checked Walmart and Winn Dixie. Nothing.
I'm travelling to the Keys and then up the east coast through Georgia,S&N Carolina,Virginia,etc.
Help, I'm desperate!

Old 07-19-2010, 01:17 AM

11 posts, read 27,685 times
Order it online. http://www.thechileshop.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl?shop=view_category&category=Food%20%26%20S easonings&sub_category=Dried%20Chile (broken link)

Old 07-19-2010, 01:31 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,345,257 times
Or here too: Hatch NM, Hatch New Mexico, Hatch Green Chile, New Mexico Chili, NM Chili, NM Chile, New Mexico Chile, Chile Gifts and more!

But it's expensive on line.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleleigh View Post
Thanks to all for the sugestions, could only find canned green chili at wallmart(mild and ther brand) I am sure they will have it utah.
you are right, it is almost impossible to find in places like NY. I think the popularity isn't there so the retailers are not going to bother. We have the same thing here in AR. Luckily last year we happen to make a road trip to NM just when the chili was coming in. We brought back several lbs and roasted them, this year we have friends that will be coming the last week of Aug. They too will bring us some. If you have any friends still in NM manybe they could send you some in dry ice, fed ex..

Our first year, the local grocery store, actually, one week did have chili in the produce dept. Boy were we excited.

They can also be ordered on line, cut god is it expensive.

Nita

Old 07-19-2010, 05:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattywolfe View Post
You can buy it fresh on the internet starting around August. Here's a link for buying chile. It's real straight-forward. Currently says "no chile.": Hatch Chile Express - Authentic Hatch Chile or Chili from the farmer. You can roast it in your oven or on your barbeque and bag/freeze it. If use oven, roast it hot for a short period of time. If grill, keep turning them until the skins start to get a few black spots. Not sure out amount of time needed to start skin shedding process. Perhaps 5-10 minutes? Experiment with it. Get help, wear good gloves nitrile or other, don't touch eyes, etc. while preparing. Peel or don't peel, but put it in zip lock baggies the size you need for preparing one (or two) meals. Peel and de-seed before coooking. Others please add info. I'd like to get a chile roasting group started in Idaho. A group of chile lovers buy in bulk and find someone locally to do the roasting.
It is important after putting them on the grill you place them in a plastic bag ot sweat.

Nita

Old 07-19-2010, 07:44 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,871,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It is important after putting them on the grill you place them in a plastic bag ot sweat.

Nita
I put mine in ice water to stop the cooking first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque