Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 09:01 PM

5 posts, read 9,802 times

Advertisements

I am looking at buying a house and was curious if anyone had any recommendations regarding a home inspector?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 10:37 AM

5,043 posts, read 7,419,654 times
I would use a home inspector who is a licensed engineer although it may cost a little more. I used someone from Criterium twice and was very satisfied. He is now retired, but this national company still has an office in ABQ. Click on the "office locator" on their website:

Home Inspection | Structural | Licensed | Nationwide | Inspections

Old 09-18-2010, 08:55 AM

15 posts, read 51,161 times
We used a guy named Wayne from the Blue Review. That's a chain company that alot of realtors use. This guy was a builder from Wyoming and knowledgable in all building trades. You really do get what you pay for, good luck.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:11 PM

5 posts, read 9,802 times
I looked into Criterium... and I'm ok with paying a bit more than the standard $260-270 most charge, but they want $700... I just don't have the cash for that. Still looking I guess...

Old 10-01-2010, 08:24 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,743,295 times
Still looking for a home inspector? Or still looking for a house?

If it is the latter don't do anything about the home inspection until you have a contract. If you haven't made an offer yet, write in the offer that you want the seller to pay for the home inspection.

Old 12-25-2014, 05:59 PM

192 posts, read 256,928 times
Default Home Inspector Recommendation

It's been awhile since I last posted but I did make the move out too Albuquerque back in 2012 and loved it out there. Unfortunately I was only able to spend 7 months in the Burque and was forced to move back too Florida due to unforeseen circumstances.
Now I'm finally ready to move back long term and am looking for an honest home inspector. I should be going under contract during the last week of march/first week of april. Several areas I have interest in are Taylor Ranch, Ventana Ranch, Paradise Hills, and some areas of Rio Rancho.
I'm already working with a realtor but would like any positive recommendations for an inspector that works in that area and approximate costs for a 1400-1700sq' house.

Old 01-05-2015, 02:32 PM

686 posts, read 1,102,054 times
The home inspections I have seen attached to houses in ABQ are worthless, not worth the paper they are written on. There may be some reputable inspectors, but I haven't come across an inspection report that protects a buyer's interests in a purchase.

Old 01-06-2015, 05:07 PM

192 posts, read 256,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westbound and Down View Post
The home inspections I have seen attached to houses in ABQ are worthless, not worth the paper they are written on. There may be some reputable inspectors, but I haven't come across an inspection report that protects a buyer's interests in a purchase.
With my time frame I should be able too walk through the entire inspection with the inspector and I feel that makes a difference. I have used that method in the past and it is much more important than the actual report, at least IMO.

So does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for someone honest that has my interests first and foremost.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:35 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,701,379 times
I wasn't pleased with my home inspector, so I'm afraid I can't be of assistance.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:09 PM

201 posts, read 291,876 times
Arrow Purchasing Home - Inspector Recommendations?

Hi all!

My fiance and I will be moving to Albuquerque soon (from Virginia) and I've been flying back and forth to look at property in the past few months. We made an offer on a house in Cedar Crest, and it was accepted.

We're now in the process of scheduling inspections, to which we can hopefully knock out in the short 1-3 day time frame that we're flying back in to ABQ for. So far the only inspection we've scheduled is the full home inspection with a supplemental well inspection. The septic is being done by the seller.

Has anyone had inspections done in the past few years that can recommended a thorough, and technical professional? We're looking to find an inspector for:

- Dry Rot Inspection (is it much of a worry in this area?)
- Wood Destroying Insects (again, an issue to be concerned about near ABQ?)
- Roof Inspection (in addition to the full home inspection - Detailed analysis & upgrade/repair quote)
- Structural Inspection
- Radon

Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations/input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque