Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 04:22 PM

123 posts, read 210,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
I'd recommend the Candlewood Suites on Menaul. They are centrally located, safe, very clean, and reasonably priced with a full kitchen and easy access to I-25 & I-40 and shopping.
I just called them up because they don't list their prices online. It didn't appear to be a "weekly rate" apartment style hotel to my eyes. For just one person it'd cost over $500 a week. For a family well over $700/week. It isn't for budget conscious people I will tell you that. I hate to say it but it all goes back to Siegel Suites no matter if you stay in Albuquerque or Las Vegas. People hate it on it so much, but I can't find a better solution unless you stay in an AirBnB. But then you're dealing with high fees and taxes.

Last edited by pystachio; 12-29-2015 at 04:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 06:27 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,030,278 times
What about Hampton Inn on Carlisle? Stayed there for a week when I moved to ABQ.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:08 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,342,798 times
Why not get something on Airbnb? If you read the reviews carefully and establish good communications w/ your prospective hosts, it's the best way to go. You'll be dealing w/ people who know the city and can give helpful tips based on their experiences. We did that when we moved here to St Pete, mostly because the reviews of the Extended Stays were horrible, and the prices way too high on top of that. It worked out great, and we made some good friends w/ our hosts, who were very helpful to us while settling in our new city.

Hampton Inns are also a good choice, but they tend to be pricey. We stayed a week at an Express Inn on Central when we last visited Albuquerque, and it was a mistake. You do not want to stay in a hotel/motel on Central, at least where that one was located. It had some really dicey looking people going in and out, and twice someone knocked loudly on our doors late at night trying to find someone (or something). Not recommended. In Albuquerque, location is everything. I found this place called The Roxbury on Carlisle

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-roxbury-albuquerque

And these. Some have reviews.

http://www.yellowpages.com/albuquerque-nm/weekly-motels

Last edited by smarino; 12-30-2015 at 10:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque