Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 01:13 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

I was hoping I could get some ball park ideas of how much condo/townhouse HOA fee are, just looking to get some budget numbers and ranges. I've scoured sites like Zillow and realtor.com and can't seem to get a bead on it. I also searched for previous threads on this subject and didn't find out much. Sorry it's been done already.

I'm kicking around the idea of a relocation to ABQ area in the next few years and trying to work out some numbers. I'm not sure if the HOA fees are tied into the cost of home or whatnot, but my price range of homes would be 140k to 190k range. Here where I live I have a condo and my HOA fees are 370 a month. Lot of bread if you ask me but they do keep the place well maintained and that does include insurance.

Can anyone give me some ranges or point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 02:03 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,179,827 times
While they do exist here, HOA fees for townhomes are pretty uncommon (usually limited to gated communities like Towne Park).

No idea on condos, though 370 seems exceptionally high for Albuquerque. For your budget, you can do better than a condo.

Old 08-31-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
While they do exist here, HOA fees for townhomes are pretty uncommon (usually limited to gated communities like Towne Park).

No idea on condos, though 370 seems exceptionally high for Albuquerque. For your budget, you can do better than a condo.
I'm in the LA area, not ABQ.

Old 08-31-2016, 05:49 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,158,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm in the LA area, not ABQ.
This web site seems to give a pretty good explanation of the variations in HOA fees specific to Albuquerque:

http://www.albuquerquerealestateplace.com/townhomes-condos/

Old 09-01-2016, 08:55 AM

53 posts, read 125,583 times
I live in a condo in the NE Heights, our HOA is $185 a month. That covers water/sewer, garbage collection, all outside maintenance (includes roofing and stucco.) The landscapers come on Thursdays and they do a nice job. This is my first experience living in a condo, so far so good.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
This web site seems to give a pretty good explanation of the variations in HOA fees specific to Albuquerque:

http://www.albuquerquerealestateplace.com/townhomes-condos/

Thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnm2010 View Post
I live in a condo in the NE Heights, our HOA is $185 a month. That covers water/sewer, garbage collection, all outside maintenance (includes roofing and stucco.) The landscapers come on Thursdays and they do a nice job. This is my first experience living in a condo, so far so good.
185 sounds good to me, I'm used to paying so much more. I'm hoping that I can probably safely budget between 150 a month to 250, hopefully.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:58 AM

123 posts, read 190,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnm2010 View Post

Wowza, an HOA that actually covers useful services?! Most HOA's here in Florida keep up with the community lawns, pool, etc...and that's pretty much it. Homeowners typically pay hundreds each month, maintain their own yard, house, water/sewer, garbage, etc...and are told what NOT to do with THEIR own yard and house. HOA's here are strict and political and homeowners have no option but to abide or else. I'm actually scared of them because they have lots and lots of power - which is one reason why I will not buy another house in Florida. I currently rent and I will rent for awhile in NM but I would LOVE to buy again one day....

Old 09-05-2016, 09:47 PM

I'm guessing not too many people have condo's in ABQ??? Not getting much action out of this thread.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:13 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,179,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm guessing not too many people have condo's in ABQ??? Not getting much action out of this thread.
Condos are actually pretty uncommon here, and I suspect the minority that do have condos don't frequent this board.

I'd guess the city's makeup is (by units):

75% single family houses
8% duplexes and quadplexes
16% multi-family apartments
1% condominiums

Land is cheap and plentiful out here, as is labor. Condos just aren't worth the hassle with these conditions.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
Condos are actually pretty uncommon here, and I suspect the minority that do have condos don't frequent this board.

I'd guess the city's makeup is (by units):

75% single family houses
8% duplexes and quadplexes
16% multi-family apartments
1% condominiums

Land is cheap and plentiful out here, as is labor. Condos just aren't worth the hassle with these conditions.
I suppose. My budget allows for getting a house, I'm just sorta spoiled on HOA's taking care of things, my present HOA is pretty good. I've heard of horror stories of bad HOA's though.

I'll probably think about getting a SFR instead of a condo, IDK, haven't decided yet. I still need to go out to ABQ and take a lot around to see if it might be a good fit. I like the desert, and I like all things southwest, and comparing to southern California it's not crowded at all and that's what I want, some open space without the crowds and traffic and nightmares associated with too many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque