Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:23 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,076,111 times

Advertisements

This is a good site to see pictures of the city
for those who have never been:
+------------------------------------------+
| Flickr: The Albuquerque Pool |

The opening page of thumbnails has a picture of Don
(AKA The Naked Guy) Schrader - fully (for him) clothed.

If you scan through you can find good shots of the
Sandias, Old Town, Rio Rancho, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 01:55 PM

823 posts, read 3,688,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
This is a good site to see pictures of the city
for those who have never been:
| Flickr: The Albuquerque Pool |

The opening page of thumbnails has a picture of Don
(AKA The Naked Guy) Schrader - fully (for him) clothed.

If you scan through you can find good shots of the
Sandias, Old Town, Rio Rancho, etc.

There are some beautiful shots, thanks for sharing.

Old 06-17-2007, 04:03 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,024,515 times
Some wonderful pictures there! Thanks for sharing that link, mortimer!

Old 07-12-2007, 03:36 AM

416 posts, read 1,399,036 times
Default Albuquerque Metro Photo Thread

First I wanted to say thank you for the wealth of information the people on this board have shared with me. It certainly has helped us pinpoint where we want to live in Rio Rancho!

Now, I have to ask...

Does anyone have any real pictures of Northern Meadows that they can share with us? I really haven't seen any, other then the artist's rendition of the neighborhood. I'd love to see what kind of views (if any) there are, what the neighborhood streets are like, the parks, etc. I'd love to see anything that has to do with Northern Meadows really!

Thanks!

Old 07-12-2007, 09:04 AM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,185 times
I took a bunch of photos for a fellow from NJ of some property he had in northern RR a year or so ago. Not quite all the way back into northern meadows. If you are interested I will see if I can drag a few up.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:28 AM

I just sent you a PM.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:11 AM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,185 times
Ok the first one will be looking east at the sandia mtns from were this lot is. It will look more greener than normal due to the ammount of rain we were getting. It is normally brown.

And I doubt that this view is still open and vacant like it was when I took these photos. Several houses have probably went up since then. I think all the lots were 1/2 acre if I remember right.

Northern Meadows would be due west of here kind of down a slope so I'm not so sure you would get the view of the Sandias. Some of the folks that live in that area can confirm or deny that.

The next picture would be looking west toward Northern Meadows I think (lost my notes so not 100% sure)

I think that this next one would be looking more north west toward the northwest corridor. The area that RR is developing the new down town.

Another one to the east:

I have quite a few more pics some with houses. If I remember correctly these paticular lots were running around 100k per 1/2 acre lot. I did get to see a plat map of this area and the map showed were all the roads would be.

Maybe these photos will help you some. Keep in mind the area has changed a bit since these were taken.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:52 AM

Thanks for the pictures! Very cool and so different then what I currently see around me!

Old 07-16-2007, 02:27 AM

79 posts, read 327,236 times
Default here are two

I could only find two that I have on THIS computer. I will be going to the parks this week for playgroups, I'll get more pics of the Northern Meadows Neighborhood then.
The first is looking to the East and shows the Sandia Mountains in the background.
The second is looking west, it was taken during our VERY Heavy snowfall this last winter.
Attached Thumbnails
Albuquerque Metro Photo Thread-mountainsunset.jpg   Albuquerque Metro Photo Thread-snowymountainsunet.jpg  

Old 07-16-2007, 08:47 AM

Those are beautiful! Thank you so much for offering to take more pictures. I can't wait to see them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque