Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 03:39 AM

519 posts, read 1,697,081 times

Advertisements

Hi All --

UNM *only* provides Macori Student Health Insurance for dental care, and as the univ. and Macori haven't been much help in answering my questions, I am wondering if anyone in the internet world has had positive/negative experience with Macori.

My primary concern (as I want dental insurance) is that Macori charges $20/month, but it will pay 20-80%. Of course no one at Macori will tell me what determines whether they will pay 20%, 37%, 42%, etc., etc. And I'm not sure if this insurance is worth the $$.

I just want dental insurance in case there is an emergency and for regular cleanings. My fillings and x-rays are all up to date.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 07:49 AM

1 posts, read 3,467 times
Default REPLY: Anyone know aboout Macori Student Dental Insurance

Hello truckzter,

The benefits you are referring to seem to reflect those of a discount for service plan offered by Macori called AmeriPlan. This is an individual product offered by Macori, Inc. and not part of the UNM endorsed Student Health Insurance. AmeriPlan has contracts set up with the providers that participate in their discount for service plan, therefore, neither the UNM nor the Macori staff would have access to what discounts would be available for services from participating providers. The best way to get this information is to contact a participating AmeriPlan provider and ask them what the discount would be for a particular service. You can do this before you even enroll in the Plan to see if it would best meet your needs. You can locate AmeriPlan providers at the following link: [URL="http://providersearch.ameriplanusa.com/StateForm.aspx"]AmeriPlan® Provider Lookup[/URL].

If you would like more information regarding the dental benefits that are offered through the UNM endorsed Student Health Plan, you may review the information provided in the brochure on page 16, "Optional Dental Coverage". You must be enrolled in the regular Student Health Insurance in order to purchase the optional dental coverage. Copies of brochures are available on campus or by visiting [URL="http://www.macori.com/unm"]www.macori.com/unm[/URL].

Last edited by Student_advocate; 07-18-2008 at 08:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque