Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 09:31 AM

10 posts, read 15,903 times

Advertisements

Jessica Garate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 09:07 PM

295 posts, read 592,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombie View Post
Jessica Garate!
I actually thought no one had really watched KRQE. That is probably the only channel I can't stay and watch a full newscast with.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:37 PM

14 posts, read 30,083 times
Wink What about Tanya Mendis & Byron Morton - KOAT

I just am shocked I say, just shocked that no one has mentioned the breathlessly bubbly personality of Tanya Mendis from KAT. I can't figure it out but I think she is a HOOT !! Must be the Bostonite (or is it) the Bostonian coming out. Her and Byron Morton's chemistry seems to work really well. I really don't know what it is about her giggle that just brings a chuckle out of me.

May be it is just that I'm semi old and hard of hearing, yeah that's it!

Old 02-07-2014, 07:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Royale Da' is her legal name (I assume). But I call it 'fake' since I don't believe there is a long history behind the name Da'. In fact I don't know of any name that ends in an apostrophe, and the first name Royale is clearly a post-modern folly. I mean I could legally change my name to Quarter-Pounder Nyt' but that doesn't make it a 'real' name.

If someone, preferably Royale Da' herself, can correct me and provide evidence, I will eat an entire hamburger as my humiliating punishment.

:-)
Royale Dá, her family name is Dá (acute accent on á, it is not an apostrophe a'. It is Dá's experience, not Da's experience. Accents and apostrophes are different nouns. In Portuguese "da" means "of the", it is not an apostrophe nor an accent. Example: In Poruguese, in Brazil, "Casa da Moneda" is the "House of the Money" or the "Mint", "da" is not an apostrophe nor an accent either.
For your information, in French there are three different accents: Á (sharp), É (grave) and Ô (circumflex).
AVBasurto

Old 02-11-2014, 07:39 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Boston seems to have several anchors and reporters from Albuquerque. Besides Antoinette Antonio, there is an Adam Williams and someone else. I can't think of his name though.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:19 PM

65 posts, read 153,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Boston seems to have several anchors and reporters from Albuquerque. Besides Antoinette Antonio, there is an Adam Williams and someone else. I can't think of his name though.
Melissa Mahan is another.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:41 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,701,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredo V Basurto View Post
Royale Dá, her family name is Dá (acute accent on á, it is not an apostrophe a'. It is Dá's experience, not Da's experience. Accents and apostrophes are different nouns. In Portuguese "da" means "of the", it is not an apostrophe nor an accent. Example: In Poruguese, in Brazil, "Casa da Moneda" is the "House of the Money" or the "Mint", "da" is not an apostrophe nor an accent either.
For your information, in French there are three different accents: Á (sharp), É (grave) and Ô (circumflex).
AVBasurto
Apparently her grandparents had the same last name as well
Albuquerque Journal Obituaries

"Popovi Da was born April 10, 1922. He was named Antonio Jose Martinez but changed his name to Popovi Da meaning Red Fox in 1948. He attended school at San Ildefonso and then at the Santa Fe Indian School where his teachers included Dorthy Dunn and Geronimo Cruz Montoya"
Popovi Da Pottery 1922-1971

Old 02-12-2014, 04:18 PM

22 posts, read 54,609 times
Kristen Van Dyke. Wow she is beautiful! I find myself watching her more than her weather forecasts.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:22 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic2003 View Post
Kristen Van Dyke. Wow she is beautiful! I find myself watching her more than her weather forecasts.
She does a good job of reporting the weather...

Kristen Van Dyke, Meteorologist for KRQE News 13 & Co-host New Mexico Style 2KASA Fox

Old 02-12-2014, 08:07 PM

209 posts, read 466,125 times
Cannot stand any of the news stations. It's all standard "bleeds it leads" crap. KRQE is a Fox News stub pushing junk that comes down the pike from the GOP bosses. Example since some one will demand it from tonights "news".

This is a quote:
"Evidence it's making them 'get to work' ". This is a statement from reporter Cole Miller regarding the new teacher evaluation program which includes 10% of evaluation of teacher assessment is based on attendance. What evidence, Cole Miller? That is op ed, i.e. opinion, not news. What was the evaluation content before? Attendance didn't matter then?

This got rolled out today as the legislature was working on removing the education secretary office in favor of forming a state board of education. Just in time. Fox News to the rescue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque