Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 05:53 AM

310 posts, read 1,246,079 times

Advertisements

Nice!
True story: It was about 1983 ish so I was about 14 and I was making some Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. When I hear a big loud rumble. It was a burner from a hot air balloon. I look out the window and OMG!!! There is a hot air balloon landing on out street! It landed across the street a few houses down. I ran out with all the other neighbors and checked it out. We did have power lines! It was on Utah Street just south of Sandia H.S. When I returned, my macaroni was all soggy. I'll never forget it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 07:53 AM

1,633 posts, read 3,741,497 times
Never forget the soggy macaroni? =)

Old 04-17-2009, 08:03 AM

310 posts, read 1,246,079 times
Hey...I was 14 and could eat like 10 men. Yeah, the macaroni was a tragedy. The balloon thingy paled in comparison.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:15 AM

519 posts, read 1,696,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Nithing like a bunch of awesome ballons in Suburban Albuquerque
Man, those pictures ... lol. Coming from California, I think I would be excited to have a balloon land on my house!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:51 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,747,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckzter View Post
Man, those pictures ... lol. Coming from California, I think I would be excited to have a balloon land on my house!
They have had a few do that. A house in our neighborhood had their swamp cooler knocked off...

Rich

Old 04-26-2009, 01:41 AM

857 posts, read 1,732,534 times
Default Balloons Rise Over The Smart Growth Streets Of Albuquerque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrell View Post
These GORGEOUS photos from Mike illustrate something else if I may digress...

Very few will understand this post -- as one who studies "smart growth" and urban planning, I particularly am interested in the first photo rising over the "Smart Growth Suburbs" of Albuquerque ... xeriscaped front yards, no lawns, extra wide streets, wide driveways, homes crowded together, underground power, rocks in the grass strips, etc ... with no beneficial mycorrhizae fungi under those rocks !

If you look at the other photo, Oct 2008 from Rich, of Rt. 528 through Rio Rancho, you see two bicyclists struggling under the balloons amongst heavy traffic with no sidewalk, and lush vegetation along the road with lots of mycorrhizal fungi ...

I recall hearing Michael Melendrez at the 2007 Q-Fest give a lecture on how to transform Albuquerque from rocks and xeriscaping *TO* lush green oak trees and lawns w/ mycorrhizae fungi !

Let's hope the bikers weren't hit as drivers looked at the heavens above !

See related poll question ...

Old 04-26-2009, 08:16 AM

1,938 posts, read 4,749,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lane View Post
See related poll question ...
See related answer to poll question...

Glad you enjoyed the pics.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:47 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,985,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckzter View Post

oh belive me this is the second year it has happened..it is exciting! this year 3 ballons landed in my back yard, good thing i have a good sized back yard.. i feel bad for the ballonists they dont have many open spaces any more..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque