Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 08:10 AM

196 posts, read 591,285 times

Advertisements

Its the same as...well more expensive than McDs. On the pricier side of fast food if memory serves me. But the burgers are big too. And the curly fries! Mmmm! And the shakes! Oh man my mouth is watering!! LOL

-Also just went past the one on Central/Eubank yesterday and the parking lot was full and drive thru wrapped around the building. Tho this WAS dinner hour. We are def gonna wait awhile.

-And you're welcome.

(RIP a friend who was stabbed outside a JITB in CA back in early 90s.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 12:09 PM

45 posts, read 117,259 times
Desert Sun, we usually get two tacos for 99 cents. There is a "value menu" which includes a Jr.Bacon Cheeseburger for 99 cents also. There is a small hamburger for around $1.29 or so. Got a small seasoned order of fries today for $1.79. They also have small salads for $1.89. Onion rings are under 2 dollars.
Plus, they have the combo meals from 5-7 dollars or so. And, a nice big chicken salad for $5.29.

I have seen people in line with a five dollar bill pay for their order for one person and get change back.

The crowds are starting to thin down now. Mostly the drive thru is crowded when I drive by. We're still going before 10 a.m. though, because it starts to get busy after then.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:14 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,029,225 times
thanks everyone, I eat at JITB when Im in El Paso and Las Cruces and the prices are average, no more expensive than McDonalds but I have been hearing that its expensive here.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:55 PM

8 posts, read 15,459 times
Yeah so i will be joining the Jack in the box team and am very glad to hear every one likes it ! I need a little help in getting some info on relocating my family with young children to your area. I am looking at the Tierra Point apartments and have been given mixed reviews. I am relocating from St. Louis MO. I also need information on local schools. Thanks!!!

Old 07-02-2009, 12:08 PM

73 posts, read 254,591 times
No one's knocking that you like JITB or any other fast food joint, Alicia. It's just perplexing to me that anyone would get excited about another burger restaurant in town. Like everyone else, I do eat at them occasionally, and have been known to get a craving for White Castle now and then. But these burger joints are all more alike than different. There is nothing exceptional about any of them. I fail to understand any mystique attached to one chain or the other. Nothing is more ubiquitous than a burger joint (other than Starbucks) and nothing is more ordinary. How can anyone get excited about another one of the same old thing?

Old 07-02-2009, 12:19 PM

1,732 posts, read 4,450,786 times
Everyone has different tastes. Some people do prefer one hamburger place over another and may feel that one, or some, are exceptional. I absolutely love Bobcat Bite. It's hardly ubiquitous, and it is just a burger joint. I can, and do, stand in line for them a couple of times a year.
Maybe JITB is someone else's BB.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:41 PM

426 posts, read 1,087,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTalk View Post
No one's knocking that you like JITB or any other fast food joint, Alicia. It's just perplexing to me that anyone would get excited about another burger restaurant in town. Like everyone else, I do eat at them occasionally, and have been known to get a craving for White Castle now and then. But these burger joints are all more alike than different. There is nothing exceptional about any of them. I fail to understand any mystique attached to one chain or the other. Nothing is more ubiquitous than a burger joint (other than Starbucks) and nothing is more ordinary. How can anyone get excited about another one of the same old thing?
Burger joints are not the same. Each one has a different menu. Different taste. Different quality. JITB is something new here. Something different.

White Castle is not the same as McDonnalds. Carl's Jr. (or Hardees as they're sometimes called) is not the same as Burger king. JITB is not the same as Lotta Burger (or as I call it, crap). Wendy's and Whataburger, they're different too!

You've heard our explanations of why JITB is so popular, and why the citizens of ABQ are excited about it. We could explain it to you again and again. But we can't understand it for you.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:04 AM

73 posts, read 254,591 times
Maybe you can't understand the concept that they are more alike than different--and none are exceptional. The differences are marginal. No one has ever come out of your typical burger chain and said, "Man, that was the best meal of my life." They're aren't bad at what they do, and I've eaten at all of them like everyone else, but there's nothing special about any of them.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTalk View Post
Maybe you can't understand the concept that they are more alike than different--and none are exceptional. The differences are marginal. No one has ever come out of your typical burger chain and said, "Man, that was the best meal of my life." They're aren't bad at what they do, and I've eaten at all of them like everyone else, but there's nothing special about any of them.
How do you know that "no one" has ever eaten the best burger in their life at a typical burger joint? Or any burger joint for that matter. There are many chains that are only located in certain areas of a state that you have probably never been to. In any case, that claim of yours is flawed. You can't possibly know that not a single person the world over hasn't encountered the best burger of their life at fast food burger restaurant. And I understand the concept. JITB is a burger joint. Like other burger joints. But if the people of ABQ are crazy about JITB, and you can't understand why, that's not their problem. Most people who have explained it to you have done so quite clearly. That's exactly why I said that we, in other words, can do you the favor of explaining it to you, but we can't do you the favor of understanding it for you.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:45 PM

Question The next two?

Does anyone know where or when the other two (or is it three) Jack's are going to open up?

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque