Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 09:49 AM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,833 times

Advertisements

Haha I love it. they actually did a great job. It still makes me laugh though. I didn't even notice the "foul" language. Whatever gets you through the night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 10:56 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,029,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
Haha I love it. they actually did a great job. It still makes me laugh though. I didn't even notice the "foul" language. Whatever gets you through the night.

honestly I didnt even notice the language either, I was more into the video than listening to every pointless word those fools had to say.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
I don't surround my life around foul language. You asked my opinion on the video and I gave it. How you live your life is your decision.

As far as I'm concerned, the discussion is over.

Rich
thanks for letting me know the discussion is over, I dont see why you are so offended by my post, it was never meant to be offending at all.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:12 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
thanks for letting me know the discussion is over, I dont see why you are so offended by my post, it was never meant to be offending at all.
I am not offended. I just do not wish to spend any more time on this issue. You heard my opinion, so quit the nagging.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 01-17-2010 at 08:48 AM..

Old 01-19-2010, 04:39 PM

5,038 posts, read 7,417,088 times
It's a generational thing, at 46 I'm too old to understand anything in this video, if these are hip-hop cultural references. So I can't tell if it's good, funny, or what it is. Can anyone help me out? What makes it funny? I guess the hand signal is an A for Albuquerque. How would you explain it to someone from another planet (like me)?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
It's a generational thing, at 46 I'm too old to understand anything in this video, if these are hip-hop cultural references. So I can't tell if it's good, funny, or what it is. Can anyone help me out? What makes it funny? I guess the hand signal is an A for Albuquerque. How would you explain it to someone from another planet (like me)?

there aint nothing funny about the video or song, the song lyrics are plain and pointless but the video showcases another part of ABQ.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:15 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
there aint nothing funny about the video or song, the song lyrics are plain and pointless but the video showcases another part of ABQ.
What part of Albuquerque is showcased?

There are plenty of videos on YouTube which showcase Albuquerque. Here are four which I think are pleasant to watch (I did two of them) and I skipped the Balloon videos, which are good, but just a lot of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvNYDRfOEvo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERfmhGoXM6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Am25RlZT4g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na7_AGEJJX0

Rich

Old 01-20-2010, 07:46 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,450,786 times
The rap video is crap, it's funny how hip hop has quickly become its own stereotype. For all of the talk of being cutting edge, it seems every video now contains large diamond earings, gang hand gestures, whorish women, motorcycles, lowriders, liquor stores, large wads of cash, weapons, cell phones and children dressed up as minature versions of the adults.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:38 AM

5,038 posts, read 7,417,088 times
It looks like Tingley Field across from the Zoo. Maybe the fact that it's a caricature of a hip hop video is what makes it funny, it has a tongue-in-cheek feel to it. How can you take people doing burnouts on a motorcycle seriously? That was my nephew at 16. The "little G's" (gangstas) are cute (I figured that out by myself). Does anyone else think it's incredibly sexist?

But, karmathecat, it can't be denied that "large diamond earrings, gang hand gestures, whorish women, motorcycles, lowriders, liquor stores, large wads of cash, weapons, cell phones and children dressed up as minature versions of the adults" are all part of the "tapestry" of Albuquerque referred to in Poncho's videos even though they didn't make it in.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:54 AM

995 posts, read 2,728,297 times
Does it really matter? I mean my oldest is listening to music some of you older cats were listening to back in the 60's & 70's. I grew up listening to old school rap back in the 80's. What does this all mean? Nothing.... Everyone is entitled to their creative expression. These kids on the video are no different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque