Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 05:50 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,176,369 times

Advertisements

IMO any amount for wine is a waste of dollars. I am much more of a beer kinda girl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 05:58 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I can afford it, so why does it matter?
It doesn't. Its your money, feel free to spend it how you want too. Personally, I do not like wine; enjoy the hell out of champagne though. I spent almost a grand on a bottle of champagne in Paris. Bought it for the wife and I. Believe me, it was a night she still remembers to this day; so do I. Worth every single dime and then some.

EVERYONE has their vice's.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:11 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
I can afford it, so why does it matter?
It doesn't matter at all it is your money you do what you want.

But I can certainly hold the opinion that it is wasteful. I can afford to buy a Ferrari, that doesn't mean I don't look at people driving those as silly wasteful indulgence too.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:14 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Isn't it nice that some rich parasite has that kind of money to spend on a bottle of wine.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:39 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Isn't it nice that some rich parasite has that kind of money to spend on a bottle of wine.
Why would you call them a parasite? Sounds like nothing more than jealousy to me.

I know a number of people who could spend like that if they chose to. They made their money through their own hard work and ingenuity--no one handed them anything.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post

But I can certainly hold the opinion that it is wasteful. I can afford to buy a Ferrari, that doesn't mean I don't look at people driving those as silly wasteful indulgence too.
Well, you can't take it with you. I have savings for retirement and for emergencies, I have no debt except a mortgage--which I could pay off if I needed to--and I contribute to a number of charities. What else am I supposed to do with my money--stuff it in the mattress?

I've thought about a Ferrari (pre-owned), but I don't really have a good place to be able to drive a car that needs to be "driven" like they do.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Hah let me guess if someone worked harder, took more risk, made wise decisions, and made sacrifices to achieve a level of success to where they could afford things you cannot they must be a parasite?

Old 08-07-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Well, you can't take it with you. I have savings for retirement and for emergencies, I have no debt except a mortgage--which I could pay off if I needed to--and I contribute to a number of charities. What else am I supposed to do with my money--stuff it in the mattress?
You're still working right? As much time as you spend posting about the indignities of TSA searches during your business travel why not have a goal of making it no longer a requirement to support you lifestyle?

Quote:
I've thought about a Ferrari (pre-owned), but I don't really have a good place to be able to drive a car that needs to be "driven" like they do.
This doesn't surprise me one bit.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:57 AM

Quote:
You're still working right? As much time as you spend posting about the indignities of TSA searches during your business travel why not have a goal of making it no longer a requirement to support you lifestyle?
Because I like my job. I've found something I have a passion for and am very successful at. Why leave it?

Quote:
This doesn't surprise me one bit.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:13 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:

How is a Ferrari or wine a waste? They are both very enjoyable (not at the same time). There's not many cars out there that drive like a Ferrari.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages