Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 06:26 PM

255 posts, read 821,680 times

Advertisements

My better half and I have been making an effort to try the "martini bars" in our local area and have found some tasty and creative drinks. In particular, the pomegranate martini and one called a "Mounds Martini" with coconut rum and white crème de cacao have been enjoyable. The lemon drops I've tried just don't seem to be tart enough.

I have no doubt that some martini purists will be horrified that drinks made from ingredients other than vodka, gin, and vermouth are called a "martini", but I think these martinis may appeal to a much wider audience.

What's your pick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 07:48 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,779,523 times
I've been hooked on Cosmos for a long time. I like them made with Skye Vodka, Cointreau and just a lite splash of cranberry. Shaken in a chilled bar shaker, served in a chilled glass and with a lime. Chocolate Martinis would be my second choice.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:56 AM

36,422 posts, read 16,034,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I've been hooked on Cosmos for a long time. I like them made with Skye Vodka, Cointreau and just a lite splash of cranberry. Shaken in a chilled bar shaker, served in a chilled glass and with a lime. Chocolate Martinis would be my second choice.
Me too, yum!!

Old 07-01-2007, 12:01 PM

Rapture - should the predominant flavor in a cosmo be the vodka? I had one recently and was surprised at how little cranberry or orange flavor I could taste.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:43 PM

46 posts, read 114,333 times
Chocolatini!

Old 07-03-2007, 05:23 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,779,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust07 View Post
Rapture - should the predominant flavor in a cosmo be the vodka? I had one recently and was surprised at how little cranberry or orange flavor I could taste.
Yes, it should only be a splash of cranberry. The drink should be lite pink not red like cranberry. That's why if they serve it in a chilled glass and shake it well you don't taste the vodka as much. It's blends everything together.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:26 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,697,858 times
I had a pomegranite martini (ok..I had 3, lol) on Mother's Day and it was awesome! I like Cosmos and Appletini's too - I apparently like my chick drinks, lol.

There's a bar in Bally's (I think it's Bally's) Atlantic City with a martini bar with 80+ different ones, I'd love to drink my way through that!

Old 07-04-2007, 12:52 PM

Thanks for edifying me, Rapture -- I think I was expecting more cranberry, but that would make it taste more like a Cape Cod, I suppose. I'll have to try it again with new perspective.

Tahiti -- thanks for the tip about the bar at Bally's! I get out to Vegas from time to time and the food & drink themselves make the trip worthwhile. Have you tried a caramel appletini? I think the only difference from the regular appletini is the addition of butterscotch schnapps.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:04 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,697,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust07 View Post

Tahiti -- thanks for the tip about the bar at Bally's! I get out to Vegas from time to time and the food & drink themselves make the trip worthwhile. Have you tried a caramel appletini? I think the only difference from the regular appletini is the addition of butterscotch schnapps.
wander - i had to go and search for that bar, and it was in Bally's - "Blue Martini" - very cool, dark with a blue tint throughout - the bar is frosted to keep the drink cold

Atlantic City Attractions at Bally's Atlantic City. Experience all the things to do in Atlantic City. (this is the one in AC)

i looked for LV and there isn't one there, but I've got to imagine if any place is going to have a kick a** martini bar, Vegas would be it!

I haven't had a caramel appletini - I'll put it on my list, we're going to AC in a few weeks!

Old 07-05-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Ah, Bally's on the other coast!

Thanks, tahiti -- I'll be sure to check out Blue Martini when I'm out that way. It's amazing that they offer over 100 martinis...and the frosted bar is an excellent idea!!

Have fun in AC and let me know how the caramel appletinis are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages