Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 04:49 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,813,278 times

Advertisements

I have tried some of the more expensive beers that have been legalized in this state over the last few years and they are too bitter for me. I like what I grew up drinking (American adjunct lagers). Sorry, beer snobs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 05:14 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
What type of beers have you had? Of course if you start off with a strong IPA after being used to weak lagers you aren't going to like it....but might find a hefewitzen to be delicious. Many dark beers are surprisingly mild but many shy away from them thinking they are strong based just on color.

Actually you are the one that comes off as a beer snob.....just in reverse.

PS: No clue what you mean by legalized...unless it's something specific to your state...small craft breweries have been allowed and around since prohibition...there just wouldn't many of them and they did not have such a popularityas they do now.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:40 PM

4,666 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I have tried some of the more expensive beers that have been legalized in this state over the last few years and they are too bitter for me. I like what I grew up drinking (American adjunct lagers). Sorry, beer snobs!
Nice, I guess in the worst state in the nation, calling people names because they like stuff you don't is still a thing.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:48 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
It's okay, no one really cares what you like (just being honest). When I go to a bar I don't care what the person next to me is drinking. Unless it's blood, cuz then I would probably slam my whiskey and run for the hills.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:50 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
What is a good beer OP that makes you a beer snob?

I like Pilsners such as Hofbrau, Schweinfurter,Paulaner Munchen,Lapin Kulta, Mariestads, Spaten, Heiniken etc. All these beers are ranging in price from 8 - 12 dollars for a six pack. I would not buy Bud Light because to me I might as well drink carbonated water.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:46 PM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Is there a point to this thread?

Old 10-22-2014, 08:02 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Well, drink what you like buddy

Yes, I am a beer snob. I will drink a $2 pint of Bud, Pabst, Miller, and so on. I know what I am getting and to be frank I think that Bud, Coors, and Miller are great examples of that style (but not the best. I believe that Syturys Exstra [Lithuania] is the best example of this style, and yes the "Classic American Pilsner" is a world-wide beer style). But if I am paying $6 for a pint of craft beer it better darn well taste like a $6 pint of beer! There is over 2000 "craft" breweries and brew pubs in the U.S.; at least half of them should not exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I would not buy Bud Light because to me I might as well drink carbonated water.
I love carbonated water, been drinking it for years. I got one of those Soda Stream things and drink the water unflavored (and yes, I have tried to use to carbonate my home-brew. Doesn't work too well )

I cook with Bud Lite when I need beer in what-ever it is I am making. A few weeks ago I only used half a bottle, so I drank the other half. It was about a week since I last had a beer and I was surprised at how good that BL tasted.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:04 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,934,041 times
This is the type of thread a Mouldy Old Schmo would create...... WHOA.... well look at that!!!

Old 10-22-2014, 10:38 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Well, drink what you like buddy

Yes, I am a beer snob. I will drink a $2 pint of Bud, Pabst, Miller, and so on. I know what I am getting and to be frank I think that Bud, Coors, and Miller are great examples of that style (but not the best. I believe that Syturys Exstra [Lithuania] is the best example of this style, and yes the "Classic American Pilsner" is a world-wide beer style). But if I am paying $6 for a pint of craft beer it better darn well taste like a $6 pint of beer! There is over 2000 "craft" breweries and brew pubs in the U.S.; at least half of them should not exist.

I love carbonated water, been drinking it for years. I got one of those Soda Stream things and drink the water unflavored (and yes, I have tried to use to carbonate my home-brew. Doesn't work too well )

I cook with Bud Lite when I need beer in what-ever it is I am making. A few weeks ago I only used half a bottle, so I drank the other half. It was about a week since I last had a beer and I was surprised at how good that BL tasted.
Why cook with bud light? Are you looking to just add carbonation or flavor? That style just doesn't hold up to heat...use a stock or other beverage.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:53 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Is there a point to this thread?
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages