Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 06:49 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times

Advertisements

I decided to have a wine party for Valentine's Day. I invited 2 other couples and here are the parameters and what I am serving:

I thought it would be nice to serve heavy h'ors du oeuvres since I didn't want the formality of a sit down and be in the kitchen as I would rather be enjoying my guests.

I asked each couple to bring 3 bottles of identical wine. Each bottle could not be more than $15 per bottle. One bottle we would all share and then each couple could take a remaining bottle home.

Here's the menu:

Chicken liver pate (My cholesterol level was increasing as I was making it!)

Deviled eggs (how can anyone have a party without deviled eggs? I use a pastry bag to pipe them as it makes filling them easier and they look nicer too.)

Pimento cheese (Everyone loves it and it is so easy to make. I don't add any mayonnaise to my recipe and it is nice and thick. I made it at least a day ahead so the flavors have a chance to marry.)

Baked chicken breasts (I brine all my chicken recipes. I took some Merlot, water, salt, pepper, honey, bay leaves and orange slices.)

Pork tenderloin (I need to marinate it tomorrow.)

"Five" Pound Cream Cheese Pound Cake (This stuff is dense. A true Southern pound cake. I think I will serve it will some fresh strawberries and fresh whipped cream.)

Fresh rolls (Nothing like having the smell of fresh baked bread waffing through the house!)

No veggies - it's a party - you can eat them tomorrow!

I hope that my guests will just mill about and nosh all night long. To start the night off - there is champagne of course

Everyone have a great Valentine's Celebration!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 06:57 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,916 times
I'm sure your guests will love it..........I know I would
Happy Valentines Day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages