Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 05:01 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,076 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried the Isogenics 30 day cleansing and detox program? If so what was your experience?

I have been on it for I think 10 or 11 days. I did the 2 shakes and 1 meal for a few days and then went into the detox part of the program. OMG, I have never been so sick in my life. It was like having the flu times 100. I almost couldnt walk. I had chills and major hot flashes, then sick to my stomach, then the worst body aches ever. My sponser told me it was all the poisin(sp?) being released into the blood stream..I am in heavy detox. I guess the worse you are health wise, the worse the detox is. Makes sense. Today I feel crappy but a bit better if that makes sense. I have also lost 10 pounds and 9 inches!! I couldnt believe it. So that to me makes it worth it. Plus ridding my body of all the bad stuff it has stored up over the last 45 years.

I would really like to hear about other experiences while doing this cleanse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 09:49 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,076 times
I've only done the lemonade cleanse for 10 days. But this sounds interesting, too bad it's so long. Good luck to you, sounds like you're doing great and the weight loss is always a good thing.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:19 PM

46 posts, read 542,404 times
I've heard Isogenics is a wonderful product by my father in law, but I have personally never used it. I don't think I could do only 2 shakes and 1 meal a day!!

Old 02-02-2008, 08:26 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyven View Post
I've heard Isogenics is a wonderful product by my father in law, but I have personally never used it. I don't think I could do only 2 shakes and 1 meal a day!!
Haha, that is what I thought too. When my husband told me that, I was like noooo way am I doing this. But for me it is pretty easy. The first day or two is a bit tough, but it does get easier where you know you only get one meal, and you just accept it. I am not starving at all. The shakes are very filling. You do get some snacks through out the day too. I am pretty happy with the program thus far.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:42 AM

3 posts, read 126,075 times
i'm on day 3 of the 30-day cleansing on isogenix. The first day i had a headache. I really hate the ionix supreme. I'm on day 3 and don't feel too bad. Don't feel overly hungry. I feel i have more energy. Saturday will be my cleansing day. See how that goes. Linda

Old 11-09-2010, 10:00 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer0 View Post
i'm on day 3 of the 30-day cleansing on isogenix. The first day i had a headache. I really hate the ionix supreme. I'm on day 3 and don't feel too bad. Don't feel overly hungry. I feel i have more energy. Saturday will be my cleansing day. See how that goes. Linda
You have revived a long dead thread.

You do not need to "cleanse" your body. Your liver and kidneys do that on an ongoing basis every day.

All of the nutrients in all the Isagenix products you can get from food or an inexpensive generic multivitamin. You do not need all the little bits and pieces of herbs, and there is no guarantee you are getting what the label says you are anyway.

If you feel that you have more energy, there may be an undisclosed stimulant in something you are using.

If you want to lose weight, consume about 1200 calories per day (female - 1550 for male) and exercise as many days of the week as you can.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:55 AM

just wondering how all that herbal ingredients is regualted because there is no FDA regulations on herbal remedies. It's been 18 days now i have lost 6 pounds. The only part i don't like about this program is not being able to have any coffee.
Linda

Old 11-24-2010, 09:51 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer0 View Post
just wondering how all that herbal ingredients is regualted because there is no FDA regulations on herbal remedies. It's been 18 days now i have lost 6 pounds. The only part i don't like about this program is not being able to have any coffee.
Linda
It's not regulated, beyond the extent that they don't kill anyone or make medical claims.

The shakes have has vitamin B12 added, and according to the ingredients list, a single shake has 200% of the recommended daily allowance. If you're having 2 shakes, that means you're getting 400% of the RDA, every day. It's artificial energy you're experiencing, just based on that. If you're getting more B12 than you SHOULD be getting, it's no wonder you're not bouncing off the walls.

It also contains several ingredients which are used as laxatives - which means, all that crapping could be causing a small amount of the weight loss.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:05 AM

I'm finished the 30-day program of isagenix. I'm feeling not too bad. I find it a easy program to follow. Can't get too messed up with 2 shakes & 1 meal a day. Now i may only cleanse once a month to maintain. Not sure if i'm going to stop or keep going as it is an expensive program to keep up.
racer0

Old 08-29-2013, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 10,503 times
Thinking about doing Isogenics with my niece, been looking it up on the internet and can not find any indepth information on it. I am a dieabetic, with high blood pressure and thick heart walls. Will discuss this with my Dr if it is a good program for me but I can not find any ingredients or any other website regarding besides the isogenics website to purchase the product -nubianjewel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine