Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 01:42 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times

Advertisements

I've been working with Strontium off and on for years. Right now I take it every other day. I know of some who take it for osteoporosis and so far I'm good in that arena. On my off days with Strontium I take low dose calcium and every day I take Vit D and magnesium. There are MANY links on strontium and it's used with those with fractures as well.

Here is one link for starters:

Strontium For Bones: Healing Fractures with Strontium Ranelate

As always do your research, there is a lot of info on Strontium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 05:03 PM

745 posts, read 1,649,054 times
I bought some colloidal Strontium to put on a tooth that was giving me pain.
Quit using it when the pain went away. Bad choice, I might not have broken my arm if I'd been taking it. Healing however was a snap...I listened to a cat purring, that's at about 20 HZ. All healed at 3 weeks instead of the usual 6 yo 8 weeks.
Boron is good for bones. I have always taken Bone-meal for Calcium.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:28 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
You are kidding me! - you rant about Fluoride in drinking water, yet you actually actively ingest the metal Strontium - which is basically at an otherwise non-existent level in the normal human body?

Good luck with that. The corporations that run "natural" foods and supplement production must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:16 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
You are kidding me! - you rant about Fluoride in drinking water, yet you actually actively ingest the metal Strontium - which is basically at an otherwise non-existent level in the normal human body?

Good luck with that. The corporations that run "natural" foods and supplement production must be laughing all the way to the bank.
Yes they are... 30 billion dollars worth.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Yes they are... 30 billion dollars worth.
Yes, thank goodness the supplement world is there for us to give pharma a run for their money. They've had the control for too long, not that they still don't, but the people are waking up. I don't care if they make a trillion. They work hard to help us without the great and wonderful FDA!@@####^#.

Here is a good READ on strontium and bone health, and it's good to READ it before making judgements. I will start taking my dose before bed and who knows maybe I won't be as stiff when I wake up. Worth a try.

http://drhoffman.com/article/stronti...bone-health-2/

Old 10-29-2016, 01:29 PM

Love these stories and this just came in from a good friend as I sent her a note on Strontium and bone health:

((1: A few years ago I was in danger of losing an important ‘eye’ tooth in my mouth. My dentist said I could NOT afford to lose it. (It was getting ‘loose’). Dr. Ryan said to take strontium nightly, which I started doing. (Btw, I’ve read recently one should take S. apart from calcium—not at the same time). The tooth tightened up and has stayed tight.

2: Last time I saw Dr. Ryan she told me the story of her recent bone density test results. It was terrific. She asked her doc if he’d ever seen such good results from women her age. He said “No”. She told him it was because she takes strontium.))

Old 10-29-2016, 03:45 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
I have mixed feelings about strontium. A friend with OA takes it and her doctor told her he had never seen such amazing test results. But when I looked it up, I found conflicting information. It MAY help (the jury is still out) but it may just affect the test results and actually not do much, if anything, to help the bones.

But I try to keep an open mind. If we don't keep open minds, we never test new things and may never get anywhere. I'll keep looking for more evidence, not necessarily high level 100% PROOF--could be waiting years for that, either positive or negative-- but more or less circumstantial evidence that strontium helps with bones.

http://www.berkeleywellness.com/supp...ment-old-bones

Another form, strontium ranelate, is patented and sold only as a prescription drug for osteoporosis in Europe and Australia. This form has been shown in clinical trials to boost bone mineral density and reduce fractures.

So there are different forms that work better than others, it's been demonstrated in clinical trials, and it's available in Europe and Australia by prescription. There may be some negative side effects--noted in the article. It's often helpful to see what other countries are doing as they are often ahead of us.

From the same article (for the skeptical who believe that Money Rules):

Worth noting is that all published studies have used strontium ranelate, with nearly all funded by the pharmaceutical company that makes it or done by scientists with financial ties to the company.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:01 PM

I had mixed feelings for a long time and maybe still do but I'm taking it and it's mostly been citrate form. I don't consume much dairy and take so little calcium supps, so I'm working with "S" for now.

My friend's tooth story was something else that's why I have more interest.

We can find so many different comments on everything. I was just doing some research on "the egg" again...the yolk is known to cause inflammation. I knew that and for a while ate only whites but they got boring. I like my eggs. I get new labs next week so it will be interesting to see what CRP comes up at...my 2014 was 1.3, optimal # is 1.

These medical numbers can make one crazy. My folks never had these crazies.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:25 PM

We don't want the ranelate form. Here is another link. I'm still going to take it every other night, alternating dose also.

https://www.secondopinionnewsletter....ents-safe-.htm

Old 10-30-2016, 01:04 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,501,704 times
Interesting links and info - THANKS!!

Want to mention *PROGESTERONE* for bone density too. Years ago I recommended it to my mom, who was in her late 60's at the time and concerned about her bone density numbers. Sure enough, within less than 6 months, her bone density improved significantly. AND (she was delighted and surprised that) her chronic incontenence was resolved as well, and (yes, there's more) her gray hair started returning to its former color.

Though I have forgotten the exact timing and numbers that she shared with me so long ago, I'll never forget her description of her (long time) doctor as she shared the significant changes / improvements she'd experienced in such a short time, with no negative side affects - something like, "the look on his face as he sat there just staring and speechless, you would have thought I just landed a spaceship in his office, and stepped out of it".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine