Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 01:30 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,336,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Gotten off 11 medications, that's a lot of meds and CBD got him off? Yikes, kinda hard to grasp.
Totally possible. Each person is different. What works for one doesn't always work for another.

I know of people that use an ecigarette that have significant improvements on their asthma and have been able to stop using an inhaler. That is not true for all just some are able.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 01:55 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
To get off 11 meds, I wonder if it was for 11 different health issues. I've talked to bluebird and I was taking the minimum dose but they said some take a higher dose for results. Just can't afford it anyway. All I wanted it for was OA pain.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:40 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,793,403 times
Quote:
I think you mean CBD right? And that's good to hear it helps your daughter. I'm expecting a bottle next week and hope it helps with my arthritis. Do you mind naming your source.
I believe you can even order from ebay when it's available.

Quote:
If the FDA ever approved the prices really go sky high. They'll never approve it in my lifetime.
Ugh, take a gander:

Monsanto and Bayer are Maneuvering to Take Over the Cannabis Industry

My thoughts on this are that Bayer/Monsanto is lobbying to keep it illegal for now, despite all the social pressure to legalize, so that when it does get legalized (with their permission) they will be right there to fill in the void. So you're right in the sense that there won't be a significant difference for you. The US will always have a healthcare crisis as long as huge corporations are protecting their own interests at our expense. I'm not getting (too) political here as no president can fix it.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:43 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,751,523 times
Quote:
Gotten off 11 medications, that's a lot of meds and CBD got him off? Yikes, kinda hard to grasp.
You're right, it is hard to grasp. I can't imagine taking that many, but apparently many people do.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:53 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
My good friend who NEVER took drugs and taught me so much about alternative healing came out of Kaiser when she went thru afib issue a yr ago now. She's now working with more Alternatives to get OFF those hard core drugs. She said when she left hospital she had 7 drugs on record now TO TAKE. I believe she wasn't taking ENOUGH magnesium for years. She's taking Dr. Sinatra's heart health recipe now.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:59 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,633,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Ugh, take a gander:

Monsanto and Bayer are Maneuvering to Take Over the Cannabis Industry

My thoughts on this are that Bayer/Monsanto is lobbying to keep it illegal for now, despite all the social pressure to legalize, so that when it does get legalized (with their permission) they will be right there to fill in the void. So you're right in the sense that there won't be a significant difference for you. The US will always have a healthcare crisis as long as huge corporations are protecting their own interests at our expense. I'm not getting (too) political here as no president can fix it.
Thanks for the article. It was interesting to read.

I wouldn't get too concerned about it though. The thing is that even if Bayer takes over the cannabis industry by buying out larger cannabis-related companies and products, that wouldn't necessarily mean there would be no other alternatives. People can still raise their own plants, and there will likely still be cooperatives that produce and trade their own crops. In addition, there are still plenty of smaller companies that are unrelated to Bayer or Monsanto brands and which produce and supply their own nutrients, fertilizers, etc.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:41 AM

Anyone know anything about Kannaway?

Old 08-18-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
If the FDA ever approved the prices really go sky high. They'll never approve it in my lifetime.
It seems like the prices would go lower, 'cause then everyone would be jumping on the bandwagon, more competition.....

Of course, economics is not my field.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:30 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,257,311 times
Quote:
To get off 11 meds, I wonder if it was for 11 different health issues. I've talked to bluebird and I was taking the minimum dose but they said some take a higher dose for results. Just can't afford it anyway. All I wanted it for was OA pain.
It wouldn't surprise me if the person had three health issues. But those three pills caused three other health issues, and the other six pills were for the other side effects causes by the first five pills.

Old 08-20-2017, 11:12 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,633,644 times
Quote:
I'm almost finished with the first 1 oz bottle from Bluebird and really don't feel any shift with pain or mood for that matter. I am taking 15 drops two times per day, if more would make a difference I don't know but don't have money to keep trying. It would have been so nice to feel even a little "shift"....
Jam, how are you taking it? By mouth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine