Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2017, 04:38 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times

Advertisements

Lots of talk on H&W about colonoscopies, and I've never had one, but have been taking mag for decades, could be it's keeping colon in good health.

Magnesium reduces the risk of colon and pancreatic cancers in latest studies - NaturalNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 08:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
If you have never had the test how do you know your colon is in good health? I do agree with you, at your age there is no reason to have a colonoscopy. As for magnesium I take it as well, but I don't happen to believe all the articles written on any subject, especially health. There are too much debatable information. What it is seen today as helping to improve our health, may be a death sentence in a year, depending on who you believe.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:52 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If you have never had the test how do you know your colon is in good health? I do agree with you, at your age there is no reason to have a colonoscopy. As for magnesium I take it as well, but I don't happen to believe all the articles written on any subject, especially health. There are too much debatable information. What it is seen today as helping to improve our health, may be a death sentence in a year, depending on who you believe.
We all believe what we choose, right? I can't see inside my colon nor do I really want to. I feel I'm way ahead of the game and didn't do all the tests were "supposed" to take so I don't think and question my colon. Maybe my colon is thanking me for keeping it clean and magnesium could be a big part of the picture.

And just MAYBE there is something about the mag connection to so much. We don't know, everyone is guessing or doing tests and research and reporting what they "think" is the way to go. I believe there is at least one book written on magnesium and I've never seen a book written about colonoscopies.

I don't have to know everything that is going on in my body. Dealing with OA issues from reading MRI's and xrays is ENOUGH to deal with.

I'm preparing to post on the mag colon on another health group. It's GOOD to keep people thinking outside the pharma box. And lord knows our country is a big pharma subscriber.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-27-2017 at 10:27 AM..

Old 07-27-2017, 01:25 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Especially so because she complains of chronic constipation.

I don't need to "believe" anything. I have the tests that prove it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-27-2017, 08:31 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Moderator cut: deleted off topic remark

Magnesium is GREAT STUFF. I have been taking it for several years, and recently got my husband on it. It has really improved his B.Ms and his nerves. It keeps things moving!

Last edited by in_newengland; 07-28-2017 at 02:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine