Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2018, 01:15 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,799,930 times

Advertisements

I read so much about these masks that people end up "trying" to sleep with and I can't imagine having to try to work with this mask devices to get my sleep.

There is a lot of information that is said to reduce this apnea and just wonder how many out there use any of the ones in this link. Weight loss is a big one to start with.

Sleep Apnea and the Correlation with Nutrients and Minerals

Just thinkin as I continue to believe there is just about everything out there to help us thru this life and our health.

Wonder if any of the doctors that work with these sleep issue patients talk about nutrients etc, probably not is my guess. They send them to sleep studies and then the masks.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 09-28-2018 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 11:39 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,241,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I read so much about these masks that people end up "trying" to sleep with and I can't imagine having to try to work with this mask devices to get my sleep.

There is a lot of information that is said to reduce this apnea and just wonder how many out there use any of the ones in this link. Weight loss is a big one to start with.

Sleep Apnea and the Correlation with Nutrients and Minerals

Just thinkin as I continue to believe there is just about everything out there to help us thru this life and our health.

Wonder if any of the doctors that work with these sleep issue patients talk about nutrients etc, probably not is my guess. They send them to sleep studies and then the masks.
Since there is ZERO chance of "nutrients and minerals" doing ANYTHING for sleep apnea I should hope that doctors working with sleep apnea patients don't waste time talking about matters that won't help with this problem...

Old 10-01-2018, 11:36 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,799,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Since there is ZERO chance of "nutrients and minerals" doing ANYTHING for sleep apnea I should hope that doctors working with sleep apnea patients don't waste time talking about matters that won't help with this problem...
As always, we will just agree to disagree and for me I remain open to possibilities.

I sent this Sleep Apnea info to a friend who is very into alt med and she told me her son finally took off a large amount of weight and got off the mask. She's sending the antioxidant info to him...

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-01-2018 at 12:36 PM..

Old 10-05-2018, 09:27 PM

71 posts, read 53,558 times
Obstructive sleep apnea is more common in people carrying extra weight, so when they are able to lose the pounds, their apnea often improves or even ceases altogether. The reduced weight opens up the airways and eliminates the obstructions.

Others, myself included, suffer from OSA despite being a normal weight. Much has to do with the physical structure of the throat. Mine is small in circumference and it makes the predisposition to apnea episodes much greater. My airway is crammed into a small space. It's part of my physiology and I cannot change it.

I'm all for holistic medicine and I'm lucky to have a physician who is open-minded enough to consider "natural" remedies in addition to traditional ones. That being said, no nutrients or essential oils are going to cure my OSA unless they magically reconfigure the inner structure of my throat.

I have used CPAP for 15 years without any issues. I'd much rather use the machine than risk the side effects from potentially overdosing on minerals or taking an OTC substance that might interact with something else I'm taking. But that's the beauty of personal choice.

Best of luck with the minerals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine