Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 03:42 PM

547 posts, read 326,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
I'm surprised no one mentioned exercise/cardio.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...e/art-20045206

We're so conditioned that to treat something we need to take something - be it a herb, supplement, or medication - when the most effective solutions are often exercise!

hey, i did weight lifting drops mine big time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2024, 07:16 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenrr View Post
first let me say, I haven't been here in a long time. Glad to see Jamin is still here!

Has anyone found that reducing or lowering caffeine has helped your high blood pressure?
My functional/integrative medicine doctor suggested this.
As any coffee drinker (habitual) knows, this is not easy.
I am also doing a Kundalini Yoga kriya which is said to reduce cortisol.
I have ordered ashawaghanda (adaptogen) which counters the effects of stress.

A friend of mine found that garlic + hawthorne + lots of exercise lowered his blood pressure.

I read that oil of oregano will also lower it. I tried taking it every day and it upset my stomach.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone what works for you...thanks
Be careful with ashwaganda, it may cause a serious liver damage.
There were cases that the damage occurred after only a week of using it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10002162

It is difficult to standardize herbal supplements as the plants grow under different climatic, soil qualities and conditions; pests and plants diseases pressures.
So some plants may accumulate more of certain chemicals vs the others or have less of the bioactive compounds as a result.

Ashwaganda could potentially cause a serious harm; there is risk.
It is an older thread, but this advice could benefit some other people, perhaps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine