Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 10:23 PM

57 posts, read 197,673 times

Advertisements

Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes, Mexico and Porto Alegre, Brazil...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 12:31 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,888,213 times
Many medium sized Mexican cities meet this criteria. They might have a few suburbs which aren't quite as nice and orderly.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:42 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,077,634 times
Curitiba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-23-2014, 11:07 PM

485 posts, read 2,246,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Many medium sized Mexican cities meet this criteria. They might have a few suburbs which aren't quite as nice and orderly.
Really? I actually think most Mexican cities are really crowded and dirty, and kinda chaotic. The exceptions were probably Guanajuato City and Queretaro City.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:33 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harbingerx View Post
I vote for Montevideo and Porto Alegre.
Montevideo for me, too! I was all over South America courtesy of Uncle Sam, and Montevideo was a very clean and elegant city that reflected it's citizens very well. It was much nicer than Buenos Aires, even though they are only 50 miles apart. I guess that's the difference between Uruguay and Argentina.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:33 PM

844 posts, read 1,064,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
Really? I actually think most Mexican cities are really crowded and dirty, and kinda chaotic. The exceptions were probably Guanajuato City and Queretaro City.
You should visit Aguascalientes. A medium size city, in the heart of the country, that even got an international price -can't remember what exactly- for being the cleanest city in latam.
Not the prettiest or flashiest city, but certainly one of the cleanest.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:13 AM

491 posts, read 753,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Montevideo for me, too! I was all over South America courtesy of Uncle Sam, and Montevideo was a very clean and elegant city that reflected it's citizens very well. It was much nicer than Buenos Aires, even though they are only 50 miles apart. I guess that's the difference between Uruguay and Argentina.
Did you go to Santiago? Of all three, I liked Santiago the most.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:00 PM

154 posts, read 454,642 times
Quote:
Are you a troll? In other threads you posted that you have only been recently, to Monterrey and that that’s the only place you know in Mexico. You claim to be Mexican, and that Spanish is your first language. In other posts you give the idea that you are Mexican American. Everything you say you know is based on whatever you see in the internet, and most of your claims are based on the biased information you gather from it. You think most Mexican cities are dirty and chaotic. Tell me have you been to at least one percent of the cities in Mexico to come up with such an intelligent opinion, not based on any critical thinking. It is my opinion that you are not Mexican at all, and that you are at the sametime another member of this forum.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:12 PM

485 posts, read 2,246,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedstatian View Post
Are you a troll? In other threads you posted that you have only been recently, to Monterrey and that that’s the only place you know in Mexico. You claim to be Mexican, and that Spanish is your first language. In other posts you give the idea that you are Mexican American. Everything you say you know is based on whatever you see in the internet, and most of your claims are based on the biased information you gather from it. You think most Mexican cities are dirty and chaotic. Tell me have you been to at least one percent of the cities in Mexico to come up with such an intelligent opinion, not based on any critical thinking. It is my opinion that you are not Mexican at all, and that you are at the sametime another member of this forum.
Yes I've been to Mexico and been to many other places other than Monterrey. I never said I only been to MTY recently I am a Mexican-American I have dual citizenship.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:29 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,888,213 times
Quote:
Totally disagree. I'd say most of the cities in Central Mexico are quite ideal and most foreigners are pleasantly surprised because they come from Mexico City or Guadalajara where things are certainly more on the chaotic/crowded side. These cities have good transportation options, nice newer modern areas often with a mall, and lots of quieter residential areas which still have good nearby amenities like supermarkets and plenty of food options. And just like in the US there is often a part of downtown which is a bit crowded in the day as people come in to do business which becomes a bit sketchy at night just because it gets deserted. Suburban flight can be just as prevalent in Mexico as the US, in Mexican cities people just don't move as far out because they don't have the freeways to use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas