Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 09:46 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,791,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
Google flights. There's a 2 hour layover in mexico city but for the price, I cannot complain.
That is a small amount of time and the Mexico City airport is actually quite nice to hang out in. You got a great deal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 03:22 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,768,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
You can find some great places on Airbnb, unless I know someone I don't think I would stay in bogota two months.... I'd go to San andres island, Medellin, the coffee highlands.
OP: Yes, I would personally choose Medellin as a base of operation. Bogota's weather is not that nice unless you like cloudy, cool weather.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:32 PM

766 posts, read 1,253,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
OP: Yes, I would personally choose Medellin as a base of operation. Bogota's weather is not that nice unless you like cloudy, cool weather.
Definitely something I've been thinking about. The course I'm looking at is in bogota but I'm sure I'll be able to find something similar I'm Medellin. I do like cold cloudy weather though so we shall see.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:00 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
I really enjoyed Colombia. If you're going to be in Bogota, you should check out Zipaquira and go to the catedral de sal. It's a cool place to see.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:49 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,246,142 times
Quote:
Google flights. There's a 2 hour layover in mexico city but for the price, I cannot complain.
Yeah that is cheap..

I was gonna say take LANChile...

The best service international to and from latin american in my opinion. We usually pay around $940 or so before taxes round trip from Buenos Aires to Miami. But maybe it's more now, I've only flown home to the US twice in the 10 years or so I've been here. Last time we flew was in 2013.

Don't take Avianca though....whatever you do. AeroMexico isn't bad though.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:40 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
Avianca is fine.

I have never had issues with Avianca and I have traveled many times with them, direct flights and flights with stops. American Airlines is also good. I have never flown through LanChile so I can't judge.

The only airline I head I have heard complains about is Spirit from Ft Lauderdale FL because of all the hidden fees and narrow seats.

Old 05-02-2015, 06:16 AM

471 posts, read 621,015 times
Quote:
Scored a round trip fare for 400. What are some must things to do? I'll be in bogota for 2 months but I can travel around for weekend trips. What's the best way to get exchange money?
Don't forget to take with you a truck full of money to pay your ransom.

Last edited by MiamiResident; 05-02-2015 at 06:35 AM..

Old 05-03-2015, 12:03 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Some suggestions for a tourist: Visit the Cerro de Monserrate, a mountain top with a great view of the city. You get there by cablecar, and there is a church on top. Also Andres Carne De Res restaurant (never been there myself but others I know like it). Visit the Museo del Oro, a museum of pre-colombian gold and precious stones crafts. If you're brave enough, take a Chiva bus to see the City at night.
These are good suggestions, please don't miss the Museo del Oro. You gonna love the weather in Bogota. It's not really that cold. If you like history, colonial architecture and museums you will actually enjoy Bogota more than Medellin. However you gonna be there 2 months you can easily go to Medellin and Quindio(eje cafetero). I am not a big fan of Cartagena but there are some nice places to check out there also.

Other suggestions in Bogota:
Laguna de Guatavita
Laguna de Guatavita (Bogota, Colombia) on TripAdvisor: Address, Tickets & Tours, Reviews

Casa Museo Quinta de Bolivar
Casa Museo Quinta de Bolivar (Bogota, Colombia): Address, Phone Number, History Museum Reviews - TripAdvisor

Old 05-03-2015, 01:09 PM

881 posts, read 921,784 times
you have to be some resentful Venezuelan to take so much time on that, MiamiResident. the ironical thing is that you have to leave your country because of security reasons, just as 1.200.000 of your compatriots have done in the past years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas