Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 01:06 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,383,130 times

Advertisements

My friend's father has not been heard from in 4 weeks (2 weeks longer than his planned trip). He lives in Panama for part of the year, and was intending to head to the Bocas del Toro islands. His car is missing as well.

His name is Robert "Bob" Ehlert, 69 years old (he looks younger and sometimes gives a younger age). 5'9'', 180 lbs. Blue-green eyes, grey/light brown hair.

Vehicle is a tan Lexus with Minnesota plates: NKL 527

My friend is headed to Panama tomorrow to look for him, but on the off chance that anyone here might have some information...

Any suggestions as to chat boards focusing on South/Central America where it would be good to post this would also be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 01:23 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,538,736 times
Panama - Lonely Planet travel forum

You could try that forum, which is popular with people passing through central America. Good luck.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:24 AM

813 posts, read 1,134,019 times
This one is pretty active as well. Panama Forum ~ Moving to Panama ~ Living in Panama ~ Working in Panama

Old 07-20-2013, 12:36 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,201,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
My friend's father has not been heard from in 4 weeks (2 weeks longer than his planned trip). He lives in Panama for part of the year, and was intending to head to the Bocas del Toro islands. His car is missing as well.

His name is Robert "Bob" Ehlert, 69 years old (he looks younger and sometimes gives a younger age). 5'9'', 180 lbs. Blue-green eyes, grey/light brown hair.

Vehicle is a tan Lexus with Minnesota plates: NKL 527

My friend is headed to Panama tomorrow to look for him, but on the off chance that anyone here might have some information...

Any suggestions as to chat boards focusing on South/Central America where it would be good to post this would also be appreciated.
Why not call a Panamanian Embassy or consulate in the U.S., and ask them if these circumstances warrant asking their local Panamanian police to be on the lookout for his automobile. I don't think most American police would consider this a long enough time period for them to become involved if someone was not heard from in the U.S., so I wouldn't be hopeful. The Panamanians may be more responsive, though, because he is a tourist and not a local.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Why not call a Panamanian Embassy or consulate in the U.S., and ask them if these circumstances warrant asking their local Panamanian police to be on the lookout for his automobile. I don't think most American police would consider this a long enough time period for them to become involved if someone was not heard from in the U.S., so I wouldn't be hopeful. The Panamanians may be more responsive, though, because he is a tourist and not a local.
He's not really a tourist - he lives there for part of the year and had a group of local Panamanian and ex-pat friends who are pushing locally for him to be found. His daughter has also traveled there and is looking for him. But the US embassy in Panama has been alerted, as have Panamanian authorities. There's an effort stateside to alert elected officials to the problem and have them push for some sort of additional action.

I'm just working the travel chatboards as an additional way of getting the word out. It's a slim chance, but there's not a lot to work with here.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:30 PM

Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 12-13-2015, 08:22 PM

439 posts, read 522,378 times
Was he ever found?

Old 12-14-2015, 06:51 AM

10,110 posts, read 14,985,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folicure View Post
Was he ever found?
I don't think so.

Isanti-Chisago County Star | Obituary

Old 12-14-2015, 09:05 AM

439 posts, read 522,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
So whatever happened to him because I don´t remember hearing anything about him on the news either. Probably we went elsewhere.

I looked him up in the Panamanian papers and I only found ONE article about him. On the other hand, there was a lot of info on this in English papers.

http://www.prensa.com/eric_ariel_mon...793870608.html

They were also talking about a Colombian woman and they even have her picture there.

Last edited by folicure; 12-14-2015 at 09:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas