Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 08:22 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,723,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
More language barrier concerns which is kind of stupid come to think of it. My biggest concern is getting to and from the Airport. I hate getting in to taxis and not understanding how to communicate with the driver. I am likely over thinking it. Also I did not realize the flight would be that low. It is likely going to be a lot cheap with way and I wont get locked in to staying in one area. I don't want to go crazy flying from city to day as I am talking my kid too this time.
Taxis are vetted at the airport and you're given a ticket with guideline price to your destination. i really don't see the complication, if its too much (which I can't fathom ), but if it is, you could always get an Uber. Hell you can even walk it as the airport is practically in the city, it will take 40 minutes to reach 'centro' but you can still do it.

You could even stay cheaply in the Ibis Cartagena with all the mod cons and comfort you need for C$70 canadian a night. Or go for something slightly more luxury. It really isn't rocket science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 09:01 PM

A couple of place you can stay for less than C$175 canadian a night...

San Lazaro Art Lifestyle - next to the castle

Holiday Inn - Bocagrande district

Casa India Catalina - Old city

Radisson Pavilion - La Boquilla district

Old 02-05-2017, 10:00 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,053 times
Unhappy ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Taxis are vetted at the airport and you're given a ticket with guideline price to your destination. i really don't see the complication, if its too much (which I can't fathom ), but if it is, you could always get an Uber. Hell you can even walk it as the airport is practically in the city, it will take 40 minutes to reach 'centro' but you can still do it.

You could even stay cheaply in the Ibis Cartagena with all the mod cons and comfort you need for C$70 canadian a night. Or go for something slightly more luxury. It really isn't rocket science.
Okay...... now I feel 100% better. If the airport transfer is that simple this seems really do able. I think understanding the space ex 40 minute walk makes me feel less concerned. At least if I start planning now I will get better rates and be able to plan better.

Thanks again.

Going to Brazil will have to wait until another time so I can be better prepared and get visas well in advance. To go all that way and not be organized enough to catch all the highlights or as many as I can would be a shame. Getting to Brazil also seems really expensive to do last minute.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:07 PM

3,979 posts, read 6,788,987 times
If you come to Brazil, don't lose the opportunity of visiting the Northeast region.

Specially the beaches in the states of Bahia, Alagoas and CearĂ¡.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
If you come to Brazil, don't lose the opportunity of visiting the Northeast region.

in Bahia I recommend the beach of Morro de Sao Paulo, in Alagoas the beach of Antunes, and in CearĂ¡ the beach of Jericoacoara

TripAdvisor overview of the 3 places:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.br/Touri...Vacations.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com.br/Attra...f_Alagoas.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com.br/Touri...Vacations.html

Old 02-06-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post

Which cities have carnival during the same time that Rio has its carnival?

Old 02-06-2017, 07:54 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,433,583 times
The biggest are Salvador, Recife and Olinda. But there are several others. Carnival is a national holiday.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:03 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,053 times
I think the problem is finding the time to do all this. I have been watching travel shows on Brazil and there seems to be no shortage of beatiful things to see and do. That being said it is like of someone thought they were going to get to see a lot of Canada in a week... not going to happen. Losts to see but too much space to cover in a week. If I did go to Brazil I would stick to 1 or 2 places because I wont be there for enough time.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Which cities have carnival during the same time that Rio has its carnival?
as Mr.Falcon said, the carnival in Salvador (state of Bahia), and in Olinda/Recife (state of Pernambuco) are as famous (at least inside Brazil) as the carnival in Rio... they are very big, as tourists from all around Brazil go to Salvador and Olinda/Recife for the carnival

but there are carnival parties all around the country... each state has different ways of celebrating the carnival.... here in my state, CearĂ¡, most people from the capital, Fortaleza, leave the city during the carnival and go to the wild carnival parties in the small beach towns, both to the east and to the west of Fortaleza

Old 02-07-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I think the problem is finding the time to do all this. I have been watching travel shows on Brazil and there seems to be no shortage of beatiful things to see and do. That being said it is like of someone thought they were going to get to see a lot of Canada in a week... not going to happen. Losts to see but too much space to cover in a week. If I did go to Brazil I would stick to 1 or 2 places because I wont be there for enough time.
Let's face it. You're not going anywhere anytime soon, language barrier and all that malarkey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas