Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 10:51 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,350 times

Advertisements

Do any of these countries allow that type of freedom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2019, 12:03 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
Not sure, but thanks for explaining your username.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:24 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,719,938 times
Yes, you can. I invite you to go do it...nowadays transporting upto 1lb of cocaine out of Colombia is not illegal as long as you declare it upon departure. Have a fantastic time!

Old 01-20-2019, 03:27 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,534,604 times
No, they see you drinking out of that red can, they know you are a rich American up to being kidnapped/ransomed

Old 01-20-2019, 05:36 AM

451 posts, read 421,454 times
Your crazy. You openly do coke anywhere in S. America you will be in a very nasty jail. Weird but in Peru you can openly buy and chew coca leaf. Never really did anything for me but the natives still do it.

Old 01-20-2019, 06:04 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,031,800 times
I'll answer you seriously and give you the facts, though I can only speak for Colombia. The police code was recently changed by conservative president Duque, and simple possession of coke or marijuana won't land you in jail, but will result in a whopping fine, close to $300 USD, more than the minimum salary over there. It used to be that a gram of cocaine on your person, or up to an ounce of weed, was perfectly fine as it was considered the "minimum dosage" and outside the range of what police care to enforce. Duque changed that to enforce his family values agenda, but it's certainly quite the cash cow too. Here in Pereira people seem to still smoke out in the open though.

To finish your inquiry, have you heard of vigilante justice? Seriously, cocaine has ruined so many lives here and driven a good deal of violence. You may get a pass in wastelands like Parque Lleras in Medellin, which as of late is kind of set up as a playground for foreign a-holes, but in other parts of the country you're gonna get dealt with. The only local segment of the population that is into coke is maybe young people in Bogota, but even then you never, ever assume first that they're down with it. Please don't come here if this is your idea of fun.

Old 01-20-2019, 06:51 AM

468 posts, read 615,586 times
Why do you care?

Do you want to make yourself look like Tony Soprano or Al Pacino in Scarface?

Grow up!

Old 01-20-2019, 08:01 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Yes you can. Don't listen to any of the above comments. I recommend you go to Caracas. That is where all the action is right now. Snorting coke is cool pretty much every where. You'll be fine.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:46 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post
I'll answer you seriously and give you the facts, though I can only speak for Colombia. The police code was recently changed by conservative president Duque, and simple possession of coke or marijuana won't land you in jail, but will result in a whopping fine, close to $300 USD, more than the minimum salary over there. It used to be that a gram of cocaine on your person, or up to an ounce of weed, was perfectly fine as it was considered the "minimum dosage" and outside the range of what police care to enforce. Duque changed that to enforce his family values agenda, but it's certainly quite the cash cow too. Here in Pereira people seem to still smoke out in the open though.

To finish your inquiry, have you heard of vigilante justice? Seriously, cocaine has ruined so many lives here and driven a good deal of violence. You may get a pass in wastelands like Parque Lleras in Medellin, which as of late is kind of set up as a playground for foreign a-holes, but in other parts of the country you're gonna get dealt with. The only local segment of the population that is into coke is maybe young people in Bogota, but even then you never, ever assume first that they're down with it. Please don't come here if this is your idea of fun.
There wouldn’t be any danger if they just legalized it.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:06 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,031,800 times
I sort of agree, but you´re asking about the here and now. I drink coca tea actually, and I think there´s a huge potential market for that. But once again, you wanted to know what would happen if you went down there now. This is just what I´ve heard, but Evo Morales´ Bolivia is supposed to be pretty coca-friendly. Maybe you´ll have better luck in La Paz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas