Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 03:52 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,626,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I don't think I have ever heard about something like this happening in the U.S.A.

Rio de Janeiro

"A police helicopter flying over a clash between drug gangs was hit by gunfire and crashed Saturday, police said. Two officers were killed..."

...Violence also broke out Saturday in the Jacarezinho neighborhood, where a commuter bus was set on fire. Police did not have details of that event, though gangs sometimes set buses aflame to protest police operations..."

Gangs shoot down Brazil police chopper, 2 dead - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091017/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_brazil_violence - broken link)
Yea, that's pretty scary. Not a good way for Rio to come out of the gates after getting the bid. Absolutely scary. Worse than "City of God".

Old 10-21-2009, 01:17 PM

597 posts, read 1,298,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Saw this. Between now and the end of the Rio Olympics headlines like this will be world news events. All eyes on on you now Rio.

(Before, all eyes were only on your bikinis. Or lack of.)
You're a fun guy.
Do you remember what happened in London one day after being chosen to host the olimpics???
I think it was worse than happened in Rio.
Think about.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:16 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,358,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
You're a fun guy.
Do you remember what happened in London one day after being chosen to host the olimpics???
I think it was worse than happened in Rio.
Think about.
That was one event. Regardless, you can't deny that Rio has HUGE problems with security. All I have to say is "Good Luck" ... you can't deny that 3,000 people get murdered per year in Rio. It will be a huge undertaking in securing Rio without violating human rights. Now is the time to wow the world, Rio.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:53 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,747,524 times
On that note and based on the limited number of new views being expressed, let's move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas