Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 10:39 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,288,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
So yes there is a legitimate use and reason for both a club and a way for people to fill prescriptions IMHO.
Totally agreed (and also I'd say that there's legitimate use aside from medical use - same as for alcohol but safer and less addictive). But that's not what the OP is talking about. He just wants a club for pot smokers to hang out in with sort of a pot theme or something. Not anything that would do any good for medical users, many of whom probably don't care about hanging around in a head shop for fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 11:47 PM

7 posts, read 24,847 times
Well the laws in Alaska do not allow the filling of prescriptions, or of course that would be the ideal thing to open and operate, just trying to figure out what would be plausible with today laws. People do drugs in bathrooms of bars all the time, just saying.
The medical mj laws in AK almost make no sense. You basically have to grow the stuff yourself to be legal, because you can't legally buy it or sell it. If our laws were more like California yes. I do not anticipate that it will take long to reach that point though IMO. Only through education and bringing the use out in to public can people really see what it truly is, and the harmlessness of it. Just bring it out of the taboo category and to be able to freely discuss its uses.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:35 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
I do know it (pot) makes really good brownies. But it gives you the munchies. Which is usually another brownie. Which gives you more munchies. Which leads to more brownies.

It's a vicious cycle.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:16 AM

275 posts, read 579,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicleninja View Post
I'm sure there are ways around that. Members only. VIP Rooms. Also the people will know it is friendly and we would not ask them to leave if they appeared under the influence. If the cops are that bored they to re analyze how they conduct their job as to serve and protect, because they would be protecting no one from anything so hence not doing the job.

Yeah a few harmless people smoking weed should be on their radar... give me a break.
At first you state you will promote your club as a place where other "enthusiasts" can hang out but not partake. The you suggest people will be able to get around that and sell, distribute, and/or smoke pot in your establishment via members only policies and VIP rooms.

If that is the case, do you seriously expect the authorities to leave you alone?

Old 09-01-2011, 06:01 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I do know it (pot) makes really good brownies. But it gives you the munchies. Which is usually another brownie. Which gives you more munchies. Which leads to more brownies.

It's a vicious cycle.
These make the best brownines. Eat all you want and not have to worry about flunking a pee test at work.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/akbushcop/ghridalli.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-01-2011, 06:34 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Tres cute. Yum.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:20 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Yeah...if I went to eating pot brownies...I'd definately score HIGH on a drug test!

Old 09-05-2011, 12:28 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
So how about like a cafe with those large beanie bags like in a lovesac store and the cafe could serve alot of vegetarian foods and serve drinks made by Marley Beverage Company (Marley Beverage Company - Home)
And have like a hippie vibe to the cafe with peace sign and some psychedelic posters everywhere and the beads door curtains and some Grateful Dead or Reggae playing in the backround

Old 09-06-2011, 10:07 AM

1,923 posts, read 4,715,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
So how about like a cafe with those large beanie bags like in a lovesac store and the cafe could serve alot of vegetarian foods and serve drinks made by Marley Beverage Company (Marley Beverage Company - Home)
And have like a hippie vibe to the cafe with peace sign and some psychedelic posters everywhere and the beads door curtains and some Grateful Dead or Reggae playing in the backround

http://www.acaiak.com/About_Us.asp

the "healthy food" is obviously a front. (watch the videos)

Old 05-30-2015, 05:27 PM

1 posts, read 805 times
Cannabis oil for patients. Inbox or call me at 470)2363909
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage