Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 06:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,962 times

Advertisements

Hello, My name is Cody and I recently got out of the active duty Army after 5 years of service to our nation including a combat deployment to Afghanistan. I am looking for employment here in Anchorage. I have a reliable truck so commuting is not an issue at all. I have attached my LinkedIn profile link below. If you have a job opportunity please let me know.

LinkedIn: [url]https://www.linkedin.com/in/codytupperwilson[/url]

Thank you for your time, Cody.

Last edited by codywilson222; 11-16-2015 at 07:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 07:04 PM

2,795 posts, read 5,616,028 times
I would be careful about putting your phone out there... You are likely to get a lot of spam calls.
Have you registered on the Alexsys site: Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development ?
Coolworks has some seasonal work on it: Alaska Jobs | CoolWorks.com

Old 11-16-2015, 07:21 PM

2 posts, read 1,962 times
I have registered there, and good point about the phone number. Thanks alot!

Old 11-16-2015, 07:33 PM

2,383 posts, read 3,104,882 times
Thank you for your service.

What sort of work are you looking for? In general, I would encourage you to continue making connections on LinkedIn and working the contacts you already have, like guys who've already gotten out and into private industry jobs. In the past I've had a lot of luck networking on LinkedIn.

Also, when you upload your resume to LinkedIn as you have done, your physical address is visible to all the dredges of humanity. There is a way to scan it in so that it pre-populates the correct fields for you. I did it years ago, but I can't remember how. :/

Old 11-17-2015, 01:14 PM

1,931 posts, read 2,170,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codywilson222 View Post
Hello, My name is Cody and I recently got out of the active duty Army after 5 years of service to our nation including a combat deployment to Afghanistan. I am looking for employment here in Anchorage. I have a reliable truck so commuting is not an issue at all. I have attached my LinkedIn profile link below. If you have a job opportunity please let me know.

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/codytupperwilson

Thank you for your time, Cody.
What skills do you have?

Old 11-17-2015, 02:27 PM

320 posts, read 283,245 times
Hey cody im a veteran myself, here's my advice for you, as an infantryman your skills arent too transferable to the civilian sector. You were stationed with the 25th in Alaska and liked Alaska enough that you decided to stay. The job hunt for veterans is tough, I'd suggest enrolling in a community college vs online because physically attending school vs online grants you more bah, which you can live off until you find a job. Think about it and if your interested enroll in one in Anchorage asap.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:36 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
I work for a company that does government contract work. I say about half of the employees have military service. Any large city near the coast, that has some kind of naval shipyards nearby, has companies that do contract work. Lots of connections to be made there. Good luck.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:42 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
If you are a combat vet you should go to USA jobs, you get at least 5-10 points which is almost a guaranteed interview for a govt job.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:12 PM

75 posts, read 87,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spodi90 View Post
Hey cody im a veteran myself, here's my advice for you, as an infantryman your skills arent too transferable to the civilian sector. You were stationed with the 25th in Alaska and liked Alaska enough that you decided to stay. The job hunt for veterans is tough, I'd suggest enrolling in a community college vs online because physically attending school vs online grants you more bah, which you can live off until you find a job. Think about it and if your interested enroll in one in Anchorage asap.

Cody if you haven't, check out Wayland Baptist University here. They have block schedules for classes which makes it easy when you are working. The majority of the students are military folk so using VA benefits will be easy.

Check out the local police departments as well. All of them are hiring and Anchorage PD is being the most aggressive. They have other jobs available besides cop work as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
View detailed profiles of: