Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 10:59 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexLan View Post
Will they need to run a background check on you as well ... maybe works both ways - yes? How would you feel about that?

If I found out a gal had done that to me she would be out the door and disqualified .. no one needs that crap attitude from anyone. And, if someone is that paranoid they are likely a whack job which no one needs or just unstable.
I would feel fine about it. And I'd dump you in a hot second because background checks are the new normal. You don't want me to know your court record but you want to mingle bodily fluids? boy, bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Exercising caution is always prudent. But when a person takes such a broadly negative attitude towards the opposite sex, it likely says more about them than the opposite sex.

I have some troubles with women and freely admit that is partly due to my own idiosyncrasies. Then again, I grew up wanting to be a "hermit" so perhaps I am being true to myself. Marriage is not for everybody. Many people are perfectly happy being single. Which often bothers those who supplement their income dealing with relationship wars.
I'm married, but whatever works for your narrative.

(No, I did not marry an Alaskan man. I swore off Alaskan men a decade ago for all the reasons I've mentioned, and it paid off in spades)

Edited to add: I still think that being single is way way better for women.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Nope - I am much, much too old for that at 72 and been married 47 years so far to my first and best .. how you doing?

Safety pasty ... all in you head!
You think rape and abuse is all in women's heads? Really?

You think Alaska being the number one state for abuse, rape, and STDs is nothing to bother our pretty little heads about? Pfffffft.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:32 AM

459 posts, read 585,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
You think rape and abuse is all in women's heads? Really?

You think Alaska being the number one state for abuse, rape, and STDs is nothing to bother our pretty little heads about? Pfffffft.

Even your girlfriend Metlakatla thinks you're over the top on this one. Perhaps you can benefit from some quick therapy from OP ?

Who said rape and abuse was OK - you did. It must be hurtful to carry such a crap outlook and feel the need to lump others all in one bag. That is quite a burden indeed.

Now you're married, or do you have a wife? Before you were "done with men" .... Next thing you will tell us you are a social worker!!

You mistakenly flatter yourself thinking you would have had a remote chance of catching me much less getting to a background check point -- funny.

You surely must be one miserable life form to be so negative about ALL men.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:43 AM

459 posts, read 585,782 times
Quote:
I would feel fine about it. And I'd dump you in a hot second because background checks are the new normal. You don't want me to know your court record but you want to mingle bodily fluids? boy, bye.
Like I said, whack job or unstable ...

Old 06-03-2018, 10:51 AM

191 posts, read 287,597 times
Quote:
Nope.

I've lived in Alaska most of my life (I get out every few years for sanity). I know this state.

This state is chock full of end of roaders running from something. Watch yourself. And I mean WATCH YOURSELF. There are some rural towns I'd feel good dating in as long as the dudes were from the town itself. Newcomers - no. Anywhere on road system - WATCH YOURSELF.

It is most assuredly NOT at all like the midwest. Dispel this notion immediately for your own safety.
Quote:
I'm not. Check the court records of your single dude friends. And then think about how many, if any, of your single dude friends you would want your sister in a relationship with. Why ARE your single dude friends single? You ALL know what I'm talking about whether you admit it or not.

The few good men I know in Alaska (every one of them married, long term married) tell me they wouldn't let a woman they cared about near their friends with a ten foot pole.

It's not only the dangerous and violent ones, OP (and there are plenty of those). It's also the selfish narcissists who just want everything that is within their reach to belong to them. They care nothing for anything deeper than their own "Alaska adventure experience." These grown manchildren are not worth your time. These are people to whom drinking and partying and snowboarding or what have you are the most important things in life. They'll litter. They'll harass. They'll do anything they feel like.

I have just seen this FARRRRR too many times. Far too many. If they are past, say, thirty and single - there is a very very good reason.

Oh and good luck finding one without kids by another woman, there's that as well.

Lastly - accompany them to the doctor and get a full STD check. Don't just let them tell you they are "clean." They aren't. Don't trust a man to either know his status or tell you the truth about it.

Don't like these words, guys? Then do better.
Ok, so as long as the guy is 30 or under and doesn't live in Anchorage its ok? Also what about guys looking for a girl? Should 99% of the Women in Anchorage or most of Alaska be avoided too?

Old 06-03-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:

You surely must be one miserable life form to be so negative about ALL men.
Oh yes my life is sooooooooooo awful having freed myself from people like....you.

It really does make me laugh how men think I'll be sad if they don't like me. Please, don't like me. Stay away from me. Far away.

yes, I'm married. To a man. You will never understand it. Die mad about it.

Old 06-03-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
Ok, so as long as the guy is 30 or under and doesn't live in Anchorage its ok? Also what about guys looking for a girl? Should 99% of the Women in Anchorage or most of Alaska be avoided too?
When women start being responsible for all the rape and abuse, then yeah you should look out.

Old 06-03-2018, 11:49 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
What in the world are you doing mizzile? Why doesn't the C-D ignore feature work with the likes of you?

This thread is by and for YahYouBetcha, not to constantly and continually air your personal grievances with men.

Old 06-03-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
What in the world are you doing mizzile? Why doesn't the C-D ignore feature work with the likes of you?

This thread is by and for YahYouBetcha, not to constantly and continually air your personal grievances with men.
This is my favorite parts of this conversation - when the men get all outraged and personally upset that they aren't, in fact, entitled to having women do their bidding. It is a tale as old as time. Let's see, so far we've seen insults, "what are you, gay?", accusations of being "crazy." The only thing left on the list is "I bet you're fat/ugly anyway." It's as predictable as the dawn.

How come you're not jumping down the throat of the male poster who basically agreed with my assertions, hm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage